CD changer/Concert II

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

I'm finally going to get round to fitting a 6 cd changer in the glovebox of my A2. Just need to get the interface lead between my Panasonic changer and the Concert II.

However, has anyone here pulled out the concert II to see what connections are at the rear of head unit?. I'm interested in what type of connection the concert II has for the changer-is it a lead with a socket on the end, or just a socket straight into the head unit where I plug the cable into?.

Any help gratefully received. And I will take some pictures of the fitting when I do it.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Hello Steve!

Last time I had pulled the Chorus II Radio from my A2, it had a socket that plugged straight into the head unit.... I assume it´s the same with the Concert II.

Bye, Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver

Several connectors on mine, all are multipin rectangular with crimped pins in. I'm sure a decent car radio shop will be able to provide you with a mating harness.

I recently changed the head unit in my wife's Honda CRV, and the radio dealer had a conversion harness which plugged into the radio and connected to the car harness.

Carphone Warehouse can also supply a full harness set which goes between the radio and the car harness - they use it to attach phone connections (mute, audio into radio etc).

Hope that helps!

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Steve,

What panasonic changer did you fit? Did you buy it brand new? if so how much did you pay for it and where did you get it from?

I want to put a cd changer in my (ok...the wife's) a2.

Cheers
Griff

Thanks for the replies. I asked because my leon had the harness installed from the headunit to the glovebox-just had to plug in a conversion lead/plug in between car and changer and I was off!.

I have a Panasonic 9060/9061 (can't remember until I get it from the loft). Cost about £180 2 years ago, but they are cheaper now. There is an internet site that does list the changer, lead (and the fact it fit's an A2)all in at www.ecity.force9.co.uk/auto_sound/index.htm

Steve,

Don't forget to undo all the screws attaching the glovebox - including the lurker behind the coin-holder and the one way back in the footwell - it took me bl[}:)][}:)]dy ages to find the bu[B)][B)]ers!
Mike

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)

Thanks Skipton01, I've heard about the screws!. I intend to take some photies when I doing the job for Stuart_D to put up a simple manual for anyone else wanting to do this-got to get my cd changer from the loft and make sure it does fit the glovebox!.

Otherwise, I have my eye on a nice Blaupunkt 5-disc DIN size changer-just right for under the CC unit.

But then I may need a new headunit......some nice Blaupunkt ones about.......!!!

Steve,
Whoops! Hit the tab key by mistake there!

Don't forget that the slot under the CC unit is slightly tapered and will probably not take a fascia adaptor without modification. Must admit though, this slot is pretty useless - my mints keep rolling out every time I set off from the lights!

Mike

I presumed (wrogly maybe) that the 'under cc unit tray' could be removed to leave a perfect DIN slot?. It looks like it is seperate to the dashboard.

Could be wrong though!.

And I know what you mean about it's uses-I can't think of many unless you want to leave something small out-of sight right at the back

yes the tray is removeable, but the edge of the fascia is still silghtly tapered towards the bottom. Obviously a DIN unit will fit in as it is narrower, but any adaptor will have to be modded to fit the sides, that is if there are any suitable fixing points available.
I think this slot is just an afterthought for thos A2's not having SatNav or a Symphony unit.
Mike

I see-just hope the glovebox is suitable then!.

Will report later when I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back