CD Skipping

toon9

Is there any histoey of the CD player in the A2 ('04 plate Tdi Sport) skipping ?

The one we have just purchased seems to have a CD player that is prone to "jumping" and wonder if this maybe a known issue to AUDI..........?

That seems to be the problem. Guess I'll have to consider an aftermarket unit.
Any recoommendations and/or advice?

Try using silver cd-rs, as opposed to gold as the reflectivity is higher. Also try burning at a lower speed, as this reduces the errors on the disc.

If this doesn't work, why not get an iPod and interface to play all your tunes - it'll probably work out cheaper than a decent after-market unit and it'll certainly look more 'meant'.

Cheers,

Mike

I put a alpine ipod control head unit as my audi head unit had no cd changer in put and looking at the price for Audi head unit plus the add on, it was cheaper to go down after market way .
I also had tried using silver CDR's and i tend to record at a slow speed anyway as the wife's stereo doesn't like CDR's

Cheers Phil

[b/Mike[/b] / Phil cheers for the advice.
I'd like to go down the route of a USB interface if I can - just put a memory stick in if I can, so long as it is discreet. ipod as a second choice maybe.

Do any of you guys have any recommendations for pieces of kit that can be fitted and/or preferred suppliers?

Not too sure as to what I'm looking for - doh !

All help and advice is very appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

did see one on ebay a while back, it plugs into the cd changer input, my head unit didn't have it so had to go after market.
my ipod plugs into the lead in the gap under the climate unit you don't see it it keeps it charged as well, did have a head unit that took SD cards but was only limited to 2 gb on each card got fed up with that so went for the alpine

Cheers Phil

Back