Central Convenience Unit reset

spw

Hello

Can anyone suggest the best way to reset the Central Convenience Unit? The sledghammer i'm guessing is to just disconnect the battery but I i'm not sure what other adverse effects that might have.

The reason I'm looking to reset the Convenience Unit is I had a window motor with module replaced last week and since then the door LED has not been working as it used to. I couldn't find anything on here to describe the behavour i'm seeing, so I looked on a few other VW/Audi forum and people had reported a similar situation where the door locks and the Conveince Unit could get into a strange state where there out of step resulting in the LED not illuminating due to the Conveninece Unit thinking there's a problem. I'm desperatly hoping that a reset might just sort it out and its not a new Conveince Unit .

The behaviour I see is that when I lock the doors with the remote the door LED flashes for approx 6 to 8 quick flashes, followed then by 30 sec of flashing once per second, then finally there's a brief pause before one final single flash.

The indicators flash when I lock the doors, so I believe that all the doors, inspection hatch, boot etc are registered as closed.

I've also repeated from the door lock and its the same.

I checked to see if after the LED goes out the alarm is getting armed and it is.

I did a quick scan yesterday and Convenience Unit was indicating the fault code 015602
Right rear door
Static - deadlock does not disengage.

I've tried all doors and the locks seem fine. Lock with the central locking, unlock ok and the deadlocks seem to be working.
I tried to look up the code for more information but couldn't find anything online so I need to go back and double check the code

One more thing that I noticed this morning, and which adds weight to the problem being related to the locks is that when I unlocked the doors, got in and put the key in the ignition quite quickly the central locking sounded like its trying to unlock the doors again on the ignition being turned.

Thanks in advance for your any help and advice

Simon

This morning I performed another scan on the CCU and had 2 faults

01561 - Left Rear Door
Sporadic - Deadlock does not disengage
01562 - Right Rear Door
Sporadic - Deadlock does not disengage
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring

I can't say I've noticed the alarm going off at any point.

As I mentioned before i checked all the deadlocks on the rear doors (by locking the car then trying to open them from the inside) and they all seem to be working fine.

I am still thinking this could be the CCU related and possibly its in a strange state after the window motor and module were replaced but I've not had the nerve to try disconnecting the battery to see if that fixes it in case I induce a more serious fault.
At present the only thing that seems to not be working correctly is the LED in the door, door locks, windows, mirrors, hatch, alarm and fuel filler hatch are all working fine.

Has anyone had experience of disconnecting the battery and potential risks that come with it?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Last night I tried disconnecting the battery to see if it would clear the susspected issues with the CCU, but no joy.

I disconnected the battery, waited 10mins and reconnected , but still have the same problem with the door LED.
Thankfully the doors, windows, mirrors etc are all still functional, so thats a bonus.

I have to now decide if I'm going to live with it until something else fails or book it in with an Audi dealer or specilist.

Simon

I have some issues with CCU too, i reset it simply by pulling out main power cable from it, not battery :) as I have another issue, this resets my CCU.

Back