Central Locking problem

fergee0

Hi Guys,

I have been reading Poor John's situation, and I to am having problems with my wifes central locking. Coming out of the house the other day I pressed the unlock button and the rear drivers door didn't open. I thought nothing of it and suspected the remote key fob could do with a new battery.

Having replaced the battery it is still not operating the central locking. When i lock the door with the keys it locks both the front doors and the boot but not the rear doors. So to lock the rear doors now we have to operate the little red lever in the door lock.
Also when pressing the lock button on the drivers door instrument panel the rear doors do not lock. These are the only symptoms to my problem.

My problem is this, where is the remote fob receiver? How can I check if I'm getting a signal to it? And also having checked all the fuses can anybody please offer me some advice? I really do not want to be paying £427 for the unit in the passenger foot well.

Thanks in advance

Hi Fergee0,

If you live near an owner with VAG-COM you should be able to get a scan done at well below dealer price. If you need a new komfortelektronik box then there was a new one for sale on here, but you will need VAG-COM to match your keys and the new unit.

There is no one in my area with VAG-COM so it required a visit to the dealer. I wonder if I wrote a nice letter to Santa, if he would get me it?:D

John.

Cheers John,

Would I be best taking it to an independant Audi garage? If so can anyone tell me of any near Runcorn/Warrington in Cheshire. I'm assuming VAG-COM is the interrogating software used to download fault codes etc.

Thanks

Noel

yes, that's what vag-com is for. Skipton's the other side of Manchester IIRC... and he has vagcom :)

Your door (s - both?) - probably moisture in the connectors or a broken cable or loose connector. Vag-Com would help. You might also want to disconnect the battery for a while; apparently in some cases this has helped, as the door has "fallen out of the loop" and a re-start means it finds its way back in.

Bret

Cheers John,

Would I be best taking it to an independant Audi garage? If so can anyone tell me of any near Runcorn/Warrington in Cheshire. I'm assuming VAG-COM is the interrogating software used to download fault codes etc.

Thanks

Noel

Hi Noel,

I would ring around service garages in your area and ask if they have any diagnostic equipment for Volkswagen / Audi cars and what they charge. My local independent has diagnostic gear, but it could not do what I needed. Your Audi dealer should have the equipment, but their labour charges can be high (probably £100 per hour or part thereof), but I would ring them anyway to get a benchmark price.

John.

hey have you had any joy with this problem?

i'm having issues with the remote locking and having replaced the CCU already (and matched the keys) it must be something else!

Back