Central Locking Problems

minoltaman

Hi Since my last report on central locking problems, it has had a service at the Local independant Audi garage at the end of December 2008, when I mentioned a fault with the central locking. They came up that the Key fob control unit was faulty (same as Skipton said) I changed the key fob to the unused one supplied with the car. It has been alright since until last Saturday night when it would only open the Drivers door from the remote control. Sunday working ok, came to open the door this morning, nothing, it would not work, so opened the door with the key and started the car, driving up the road I could hear a intermitant clicking from passengers footwell, After been to the dentist got back in the car using the remote, every thing working ok no problems. Went back to the garage where the car had been serviced, the put it on their computer, when it came up with fault code 00956 and key 2. They could not find the fault code information and advised me to go to the Audi Main Dealer. Before I go down this route has anybody got any Ideas how to solve this intermitant fault and what code 00956 is?

If both keys were not matched at the time of installing the new central conveniece unit, then it'll need to be done. Otherwise, just re-sync the key inthe usual way (lock, unlock in the door, then start the engine briefly and take the key out. Immediately press the unloick button on the fob and Robert's your fathers brother!).

Cheers,

Mike

many thanks for your prompt reply. It has not had a central conveniance unit replaced, So I have reset the remote control fob, we will see what happens now.

Sorry Rod, I misread your initial post.

See how it goes and report back in the fullness of time.

Cheers,

Mike

If both keys were not matched at the time of installing the new central conveniece unit, then it'll need to be done. Otherwise, just re-sync the key inthe usual way (lock, unlock in the door, then start the engine briefly and take the key out. Immediately press the unloick button on the fob and Robert's your fathers brother!).

Cheers,

Mike
Not for the first time I am indebted to A2OC and to you Mike in particular. My wife's key just failed and I swapped the batteries around to check it hadn't run out. Then of course neither of them worked and for about half an hour I thought we'd now have to get two new ones... A2OC to the rescue as usual with your simple instructions on how to resync. Now both are working and an expensive trip to the Audi garage is avoided once again - thanks!

It's worth remembering that the re-sync procedure is in the manual (p56). By the way, no need to start the engine - just switch the ignition on.

The manual is a strange thing. It tells you how to re-set the service indicator (for fixed intervals) but tells you to take the car to a dealer to change a light bulb!

Back