Centre console tray removal

leehallum

A2OC Donor
Hello, I have bought a replacement tray panel (the part that sits in front of the gear lever and slopes downwards slightly into the bottom of the center console)

Can I please check if anyone has successfully swapped one of these, and am I right in thinking that I need to remove the chrome ring from the base of the gear lever to be able to lift out the current one to get the new one in?

Im only swapping it as I without thinking left a car airfresher sat in there for a couple of weeks and whatever was in the airfresher melted the finish/ surface on the tray leaving it looking pretty raggedy...

Many thanks

Lee

Hello, I have bought a replacement tray panel (the part that sits in front of the gear lever and slopes downwards slightly into the bottom of the center console)

Can I please check if anyone has successfully swapped one of these, and am I right in thinking that I need to remove the chrome ring from the base of the gear lever to be able to lift out the current one to get the new one in?

Im only swapping it as I without thinking left a car airfresher sat in there for a couple of weeks and whatever was in the airfresher melted the finish/ surface on the tray leaving it looking pretty raggedy...

Many thanks

Lee
Happened to me too!

I had a spare one in the garage, so lined it with a bit of alcantara, this stops keys and things rattling around...kept the original so I can put it back to standard if I come to sell him...

Back