Change injector on 1,6 FSI

iceraven

I have a random misfire on cylinder 3 and want to swap the injector with another to check if it's the injector and not something else giving me problems.

Which cylinder is number 3 and does anyone have some advice about how to swap them? How difficult is it? :) This is an european model.

I'm fairly "handy" and i have a garage to work in etc :)

I also need some tip where to buy the injectors from England/ebay if it's cheaper there.

1 x injector in Norway costs about 170 pounds! and i need four :( The garage told me that i need to change all four of them and not just one..

PS: I want to make a contribution to this forum. How do i do that?

Hi iceraven
For major work like this you really need a copy of the service discs - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELSAWIN-3-61-...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I had a quick look and the injectors are held by a clamping plate, held down with a single bolt, for each pair of injectors. No special tools appear to be needed but its not clear (having never seen a FSi engine) just what you need to remove for access.
Cylinder 1 is at the pulley end of the engine and cyl 4 at the gearbox end

Warning, before working on the injectionsystem, note the following -
---------------------------------------------------------------
Servicing Motronic injection system
Important - Procedure to be followed prior to opening high-pressure injection system
The injection system consists of a high-pressure part (maximum 110 bar approx.) and a low-pressure part (approx. 3 bar).

Prior to opening the high-pressure part - e.g. when removing the high-pressure pump, fuel rail, injectors, intake manifold flap air flow control valve or any other component, or a fuel line located in the high-pressure zone of the injection system - the fuel pressure in the high-pressure part must be reduced to a residual pressure of approx. 6 bar. The appropriate procedure is described below.

Locate the fuse for the electric fuel pump using the current flow diagram.

=> Current Flow Diagrams, Electrical Fault-finding and Fitting Locations binder

‒ Unplug connector from activated charcoal filter system solenoid valve 1 -N80 (ACF valve); see Exploded view of fitting locations => Page 24-5.
‒ Start engine and let it idle.

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Back