changing shocks...

cjscos

hi ,is there any special rules as to doing this.

the passenger side spring and top mount have broken so need to replace asap....tonight :(

i have done lots of shocks before but thought i would just make sure there is nothing to look out for before i begin the task....these a2's are funnt machines;)

cheers. parts have not arrived yet but have everything off ready for fitting.

could you believe it though, my berlingo van spring and top mount broke today too!!!!:eek:

whats the chances of that?

glad i can repair them all or santa would be stopping at my home this christmass

Good job it wasn't drivers front thats suppose to be a big job

Cheers Phil

in what way? i was thinking may be i should do both as no doubt the bearing on the drivers side is going too. there where no ball bearings in it when i took it apart! why is it a bad to do?:confused:

Access to the shock top mount bolts is very restricted on the driver's side due to the brake fluid reservoir being in the way. On early diesel cars the Webasto coolant heater also adds to the access problem. You can manouver the reservoir out of the way (just enough) without disconnecting or draining the hydraulics but a good assortment of sockets, extensions and spanners does help in getting that extra fraction of a turn on the bolts for loosening and final tightening.

Cheers Spike

Shocks/ Springs.

HI cjscos,
'One' other thing to remember, is that the rear shocks 'tops' are only 'accessible' from inside (the rear wheel arch) upwards, you pull back rubber seal to reach the bolts etc.
Theres no access from inside the boot. I only know this from having KONY FSDs fitted earlier, took some time to find out the above!, so now you know, Cheers ALAN.

Back