Changing the head lamp on an audi a2

Status
Not open for further replies.

demo

Please could anyone out ther tell me how to change the headlamp. I managed to get the bonnet opened and remove one large clip supporting the headlamp housing from the inside, but some thing else seems to prevent me from gaining full access to the bulb compartment. the worst thing is that im on the verge of goning to the dealers in docklands to sort it out @ a labour rate of £90+vat per hour. please help me.[B)]

Try this link it is the fitting guide for the xenon head light upgrade but it shows how to remove the headlamp.

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/guide8.doc

It isn`t to tricky though all you need to do is undo the two torx bolts either side of the lamp and it slides out in your hands then just unclip the electrical connector and as they say Robert is your fathers brother!

If you do a search of previous forum topics on headlamp bulb changing, you may find some useful info. I seem to remember someone saying that during normal business hours, if you phone up Audi assist, they send out a technician to replace the bulb. Seems fair otherwise you are forced to visit a dealer for something which could be classed as a consumable.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back