Chipping

JONROSS

A2OC Donor
Hi was going to get my a2 chipped but i then noticed an item on ebay a tdi tuning module.it promised 35 increase in bhp and 70 nm of torque.so i bought it popped it on the car is definitely quicker and feels more responsive.but not 35 bhp..fuel is no different has anybody else tried this on there car.is a real chipping or stealth chipping that much better.thanks for any help.

Hi was going to get my a2 chipped but i then noticed an item on ebay a tdi tuning module.it promised 35 increase in bhp and 70 nm of torque.so i bought it popped it on the car is definitely quicker and feels more responsive.but not 35 bhp..fuel is no different has anybody else tried this on there car.is a real chipping or stealth chipping that much better.thanks for any help.

Sorry, if this is one of the cheap chips they are likely to be a waste of time and possibly damage the car!

They work by tricking the engine to think it is cold and so you get the extra fuel needed to run a cold engine. They connect to the temperature sender.

But extra fuel without extra air is not a good thing. The car will run rich and clog the cat etc.

So I would recommend that you steer clear of them.
If this is one of the slightly more expensive chips in a box, then I may be wrong, but in this world you do get what you pay for!!

Opposing comments most welcome.

Steve B

Hi guess your knowledge spot on.fuel is no better think i"ll take it off.and no not in a box so will harm car.so it"s a remap then.thanks

Hi guess your knowledge spot on.fuel is no better think i"ll take it off.and no not in a box so will harm car.so it"s a remap then.thanks

Good decision. I bought one of these off eBay years ago for my A4 Avant. Yes, it gave a little extra oomph but for the reasons that Steve described. After a few weeks the engine management light came on. I binned it and got a proper remap done instead. I think there are reputable chipping boxes available but I don't know of any in use with the A2. The consensus recommendation on the forum is to have the car professionally remapped. It does make a big difference to the torque in a TDi. It'll never be a fast car. But its definitely a fun car!

I've had fast car's.but the a2 which my friends call toy car is no slouch.with that module fitted it could move.best part is it save's me £2500 on running cost from my last gas guzzling big car.and yep it a fun car..can anybody recommend a good place to have car chipped....thanks

Back