Chrome bits..

Status
Not open for further replies.

p666

I am buying a 2001 Y reg SE and it doesn't have the chrome rings around the gear shaft, speedo, rev counter, fuel and temp gauges as found on many newer versions of the SE model. Does anyone know if they can be bought seperately and just added on or if they are actually part of the whole instrumental panel? Part numbers would excellent if anyone has tried this.

Cheers,
P666

Not sure about the other bits, but I recently bought the matt chrome surround for the base of the gear stick (approx. £17 + VAT). I do know you can also buy the chrome trim for the handbrake (approx. £6 + VAT). Just not sure about the chrome trim around the gauges. To be honest, I thought that all models had the chrome instrument trim.
Try Martyn at VAG parts :
[email protected]

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Thanks for that mate. I'll try emailing Martyn at VAG parts.
I think it doesn't have the chrome around the instrument trim as it didn't come standard on the earlier versions (or at least that is what have been told)

Cheers!

It was a £140 option until it became standard from Oct 2001 on all models... mine was thankfully one of the first with it standard...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Pinda,
Dont forget to tell Martyn that you are a member of the A2 owners club. I think that this normally guarantee's a small discount! From memory, 10%.
Martyn is extremely helpful and I am sure will sort you out with the required parts.
Best of luck!

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back