Click when braking near right side wheel

Rich.

A2OC Donor
When moving along today above 10mph I notice this click when pressing the brake pedal. When pressing the pedal when not moving it doesn't make the noise. It is like a clonk/click noise. The noise comes from the outside not from the inside. Any ideas

richard- said:
When moving along today above 10mph I notice this click when pressing the brake pedal. When pressing the pedal when not moving it doesn't make the noise. It is like a clonk/click noise. The noise comes from the outside not from the inside. Any ideas
Im probably wrong but does it happen when you turn the steering wheel
or just when you brake it could be a broken spring (common problem) on A2's
which tends to make a clonking noise ...

It doesn't happen when turning steering wheel only when braking and its like something metel hiting something else. If its a broken spring would it make the noise when you press the brake?

Could be your brake pads moving slightly, Mine do that when I brake from reversing then as I go forward again, see if the pads can be moved easily in the caliper

Could it be a seized piston in the caliper? this could be causing pad knock off. Have you removed the caliper from the hub, and checked for free movement?

It might be worth taking it off, and moving it in / out (press pedal gently to move out, use G clamp or stilson to move back) If it seems stiff to get back in, you might need to remove the dust seals, and apply some copper grease.

Back