Climate ecu

What errors were reported when you scanned the car?
It may not be the ECU that is faulty and could be one of the many sensors or actuators within the climate system that needs to be freed off or replaced.

If you can provide further details I'm sure someone will have come across the problem before and be able to advise.

Steve

to answer the original question, the 'Climate ECU' which I assume is the climatronic unit, is the climate control panel itself. Change is easy, remove radio and use the space to reach to the back and push the unit out. You can plug a replacement unit in without coding it to the car, i think, as I have two units and have done the switch several times.

If your tool fails to connect to it, then is the climate control unit running? If so, are you trying to connect to the correct channel? I remember it is 08 Auto HVAC. You'll get better answers if you post what tool and how you were trying to scan. Otherwise, a trip to the dealer and the part is some £460.

Vagcom auto scan picks up all other controllers but not the climate. Climate seems to work ok but I had a problem the other day where the system was pumping hot air instead of cold so tried to check for fault codes but it won't read the climate ecu

This is still quite unclear........

Are you using a genuine VCDS tool??.....or a copy??
What version of firmware are you running?

If you are using a genuine tool, are you advising that from an autoscan you cannot see the HVAC controller (#8)??
Normally, if there are too many errors occuring on a particular controller VCDS will advise this.
However if the climate control is faulty then the scan may just bypass the module as though it wasn't there because it cannot read the eeprom.

I'm sure you have, but make sure you select the correct chassis code ( 8Z ) and haven't selected "use can only"

Cheers

Jeff

Back