climate

knocker

hi all ..
i have had my a2 for 7 months now .can someone tell me how i know
if my climate control is working ok
my last car was a nissan tino with climate when that was on
it would blow ice cold at 18.but the audi dont seem that cold at 18 or lo .
only noticed this now the better weather is here
can anyone help me
thankyou simon

mine blows cold at 18 & low, and will also blow cold from 20 and lower although you may get the odd blast of warmer air intermittently as the climate is trying to get the temperature to what you've selected on your display.

I would think if it's not cold at LO then you may need to have it regassed.
Call some local refrigeration companies, as they may be able to 'regas' it cheaper.

bba

Hi

Have you tried toggling your ECO switch? So when the ECO light is on mean you are in economy mode and basically not using the air con. If you switch the ECO off (no light on) it means the air con is on and should blow really cold air.

If you have done this and still no cold air then a re-gas sounds like the obvious solution.

Cheers

Yatz

from engine start how long would it take to blow cold
i always have it on eco .will turn eco off and see how i get on
thanks

If you have ECO off it means you are using the Air Con. You may see your revs go up slightly because the Air Con uses a little fuel to power. Having ECO off and turning the engine on, it should take less than 30secs to blow cold air, put your fans on FULL power and you will see the effect

Cheers

Yatz

Knocker, I am getting confused. I thought you were Skipton 01 for a mo because of your avatar!

Smick said:
Knocker, I am getting confused. I thought you were Skipton 01 for a mo because of your avatar!
S'pose I should really change my avatar, but I've always liked Sylvester and he looks the same as my cat, Bandit.

Cheers,

Mike

Everyones a winner!!

ANTI_TWEETY_DANCE3.gif

oh no its not. damm it.
not under warranty .but they will check for leaks
£88 for re-charge does this sound expensive
cheers knocker

Hi knocker

A faulty temp or pressure sensor in the aircon system could also have the same effect so it would be wise to run a diagnostic check and eliminate other faults before paying for a re-charge

Cheers Spike

Back