Clutch A2 "worn out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jossi

Hei there !!
My A2 1.4 has now gone 85 000 km. And my clutch has always worked at if worn out : long pedalplay and then suddenly i grabs! Dealer says it is impossible to adjust . Can that be true??

Anyone with similar experience??javascript:insertsmilie('[13]')

Happy new year from Jossi

Hi Jossi,

I felt the same about my 08-2003 1.4Tdi. Did about 50.000 km at the time.
When my car went in for 1st service, I told my dealer about the high pickup point, the juddering when I slip the clutch in heavy traffic, and sudden grabbing of it.

While they looked at it, they gave me a 1.4 petrol as a loaner. That clutch was even worse!

And the dealer replace my entire clutch without looking back. They also told me that it couldn't be adjusted...
That gave me the idea that it might be a known and recognized problem.

Now, with the new clutch, things seemed to be good for the first 4000km or so. Good pickup point, quite smooth transition.
But now, after about 7500km with the new clutch, things are almost just like they used to be.
I've grown used to it of course, but I've had plenty of better clutches in other cars!

But just how serious is your problem? Does it pick up really late, or more like mine, somewhere around the mid-point of the pedal position?

Best wishes from me too ;)

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back