clutch pedal switch???

rolkin

i have recently had a diagnostic check done due to erratic weirdness. among the immense list of heart ache the fault code, 17947 -35 clutch pedal switch F36 implausible, popped up. so i thought i'd take a look, and for some reason the switch does not come into contact with the clutch pedal? the switch is non adjustable so i cannot alter its position. so i guess there should have been something, maybe a rubber, that is supposed to be attached to the pedal arm?

i would be grateful if someone could help?

thank you.

Hi, I took this picture from during the rebuild of my Shoby Car, zoom in and see if it helps.

Cheers
SARGE

thanks sarge. that looks to me like there is some amount of contact on the one in the photograph. there is about a 3mm gap on mine! i think i'll have to glue a wedge on the pedal arm.

Have you tried to remove the switch and have a look. I haven't played with these switches but it might be like some of the brake light switches in some cars, they have a self adjustment setup, it's hard to explain, but remove the switch, measure the length of the front bit, then lightly pull at the front bit out and see if it increases in length, if so leave it at that and insert it back into the fitting and it will readjust itself to the correct height and job should be ok.

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
There's 2 possibilities here, either the switch is duff or it needs adjusting. Either way, you need to remove it by turning 90 degrees anti clock and pulling out, having disconnected the wiring first.

As they're only about £12 from a dealers, Id fit a new one and then try adjusting/cleaning the old one when you've replaced it. The self-adjusting nature of these switches means that adjustment by you would probably be in vain anyway.

Cheers

Mike

pushed pedal to floor and pulled the moving part of the switch out. ding dong, it's sorted, for now! if it does turn out to be a faulty i can replace it as and when.

thanks for the help guys.

Back