Clutch Vibration?

clubsport

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys, This is my first postand would appreciate your thoughts.

I test drove an '05 TDi 75 today, with 28k on the clock.....I have driven a couple of other A2 Tdi before this for comparison.
Although the car drove well,,,I felt a little more vibration through the clutch pedal than I expected.

Now I have had a few cars, so have a reasonable idea,,,initially I thought it may be clutch cable...NO.....clutch is hydraulic.......then I considered dual mass flywheel...again NO...solid flywheel on the 75 I believe??

I came to the conclusion that it was more likely wear on the clutch or release bearing where the clutch has been ridden.

The seller was a decent chap and said he would take the car into Audi tomorrow for inspection and report, any remedial work required will be done at his expense....on the basis of that I left a deposit...:)

So, any thoughts on the vibration would be appreciated...Cheers :)

The car has been to Audi this morning an they gave it the all clear, remarking that vibration through the clutch pedal and a less than smooth action is exactly how a cutch on a 1.4 tdi is expected to be?

From those with more experience of the A2 would you say this was the case?

That's not the case - based on my 10,000 miles experience of an '03 A2 tdi (75 bhp) model. Clutch is very smooth in operation. Car has done 56,000 miles on the original clutch.

Thanks Alan,...thats what I thought........The prolem is not that serious, in that you can still get all the gears and it bites at the correct point.

It just feels like an older golf when the cable is tired and you feel a slight snagging action on the pedal...(I realise A2 is hydraulic).

As Audi have given the all clear I am going ahead with the purchase, it sems a reasonable enough deal and the colour combination is ideal.

I have 177,000 on the clock on mine and no vibration at all.Generally vibration comes from the tortion damper springs within the clutch plate assembly itself,they are not doing their job properly and are obviously sticking/jumping about as the clutch is engaged causing the vibration you are feeling.It won't go away and is indicative of a tired clutch.Me personally I would bank on having to change it to cure the problem,better still get them to do it:)

Last edited:
Back