Cobra Spring Upgrade

wooly A2

OK IM Back and im know beaming from ear to ear
I Have now had the Cobra springs fitted all i can say is [size=+2] WOW!!![/size] not only does it look great it handles great as well....

I Have never uprated the springs on a car before so i did not know what to expect but i have to say this is a great package and i would reccommend it to anyone who is thinking of changing there spring set up .

I had a real fear about changing the springs as this makes the car 30mm lower and i thought the ride would be unbearable , her indoors was horrified when i told her that it was going to make the car lower .

The ride we all know is hard anyway ,but as soon as i got in the car to test drive it i knew instantly that i had made the right choice , the springs are progressive which helps a lot but to me the ride is no harder than before but the handling is unbelievable i find myself really attacking corners LOL !!!! because i just cant believe how good they are ......

The old springs after 80,000 Miles where completely Knackered and i reckon it was only a matter of time before the spring on the other side broke as well so im especially pleased that i made the descision to change all 4 springs ....

If anyone is considering buying New springs i would recommend this company
and if you have our Discount card you can get 5% discount......

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=169105

Last edited:
Good news then Carl.

I know you've got the SE, but how would you rate the new ride in comparison to the Sport, that is assuming you're familiar with the Sports ride?

I am very tempted to go down the H&R springs route myself - I'll be having a chat with Awesome at ADI next week and will probably be having them fit a Miltek exhaust and the springs at the same time.

Cheers,

Mike

That's top news Carl - can't wait to take a look next week :)

Any photos of how much lower the car now actually looks?

Ian

What about the rest?

Hi Guys,
I've been watching all the forum talk of springs, can't help but raise the issue of potential damper damage on a setup consisting of revised (lower) springs. In the car modding world its considered that you revise your supension by buying the compatable dampers for the springs. Mearly lowering the car by way of springs is not a completley win - win situation. Consider Audis original calibration for the dampers on a certain hight and rigidity of spring, the fitting of shorter springs is not what the dampers were calibrated to. In the long to mid term expect to see more exessive wear on your dampers.

Skipton01 said:
Good news then Carl.

I know you've got the SE, but how would you rate the new ride in comparison to the Sport, that is assuming you're familiar with the Sports ride?

I am very tempted to go down the H&R springs route myself - I'll be having a chat with Awesome at ADI next week and will probably be having them fit a Miltek exhaust and the springs at the same time.

Cheers,

Mike
Hey Mike
never had the luxury of trying out an A2 Sport Before i purchased the springs ,are the springs on a Sport shorter than an SE . after primea's comments i will be very interested to here what Awesome have to say about the uprated springs .....will you be getting the Awesome graphics painted on the side of the Big Tank then ......would look kind of cool .....LOL !!!!

driveforward said:
That's top news Carl - can't wait to take a look next week :)

Any photos of how much lower the car now actually looks?

Ian
Hi Ian
could not get a very good pic as it was getting dark but here you go
got the brakes done as well
i guess i wont no how much lower it is until we line up next
to each other next weekend ........

Last edited:
Primea2 said:
Hi Guys,
I've been watching all the forum talk of springs, can't help but raise the issue of potential damper damage on a setup consisting of revised (lower) springs. In the car modding world its considered that you revise your supension by buying the compatable dampers for the springs. Mearly lowering the car by way of springs is not a completley win - win situation. Consider Audis original calibration for the dampers on a certain hight and rigidity of spring, the fitting of shorter springs is not what the dampers were calibrated to. In the long to mid term expect to see more exessive wear on your dampers.

I Knew someone would put a damper on it ,the original dampers have done 80,000 miles so if they keep me going for a few thousand miles more then i may look into getting some dampers after christmas but until then im going to enjoy my Ride .....Will have to chat with some of the Tuning companies at Castle Combe next weekend see if they can advise any different ........

hi it's robin
carl as long as you don't go moor than 30mm and you have to compress the spring to get it on the damper it will be all right.it's only when the spring is shorter than the damper then you must change it.
hope this help's youand you can enjoy the ride!!!!

driveforward said:
Looks about the same ride height as a sport tbh Carl

Did you go for the same brake setup as me?
Well thats a relief i would not want to stand out in a crowd LOL !!!!
Yes i have fitted the Brembos and pads same as your set up and what an improvement that is ..........

Back