Competition Results

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, the competition is now closed and the last estimate has been received from a rather tardy co-owner (you know who you are!!!).

Before I announce the result, can I just say a massive thank you to all who entered. Collectively, you have helped to raise very nearly £300.

ALL of this money will be put back into the running of the Club, helping to keep this resource and the forums a thriving place for all A2 owners, prospective owners and anyone with an interest in this fantastic little car.

So, the answer you have all been waiting for:

Tanks power output, AT THE WHEELS, is 100.53bhp.

So very many of you either ignored the point of measurement or over-estimated the power, with most answers coming in the 130-ish range.

Because of this, I have decided to award an extra prize to the person nearest to the corrected power output, 131.22bhp, that is the power at the flywheel.

Also, although I never mentioned it, I always intended to give a small token to the highest donor. So in total, there are 3 prizes which will soon be winging their way to the winners.

Once again, my thanks to all who entered, showing their support for the A2 Owners Club.

Cheers,

Mike

Cracking power output that bearing in mind that its pretty much all bolt on stuff(excluding remap).

Have you considered having any headwork done ie.porting & flowing.

I wonder what it would give out powerwise with that kinda work done.

Well done to you lucky winners whoever you are.

Congragulations to the 3 lucky winners and thanks to everyone for supporting the A20C .....
New Improved Tank
certainly has some Horses under the bonnet ....;)

herusix said:
Cracking power output that bearing in mind that its pretty much all bolt on stuff(excluding remap).

Have you considered having any headwork done ie.porting & flowing.

I wonder what it would give out powerwise with that kinda work done.

Well done to you lucky winners whoever you are.
Hi Chris,

I have thought about having some more work done, but to be honest, it'd be pretty useless, as the car has trouble laying down the power at the moment, let alone any more.

What I probably will do is have some gearbox mods done, to alter the gearing - 2nd gear starts are the norm now anyway!

Cheers,

Mike

PS. Once I have the winners details through from Ben (all I had was a name, which in a lot of cases bore no association with a user name and a guess) and if those concerned are OK with it, I'll post their details shortly.

gearbox mods etc??

HI Mike, Interested in your gearbox mod's that you are looking at/into, have you found someone who is able to do 5th gear mod's ie??: lower rev's in 5th etc this to my way of thinking should give better fuel 'economy', would be nice to hear your 'thoughts' on this subject! (1.4 petrol 2001 reg),Thanks, Alan.

pamanal21 said:
HI Mike, Interested in your gearbox mod's that you are looking at/into, have you found someone who is able to do 5th gear mod's ie??: lower rev's in 5th etc this to my way of thinking should give better fuel 'economy', would be nice to hear your 'thoughts' on this subject! (1.4 petrol 2001 reg),Thanks, Alan.
Hello Alan,

The easiest way to do the job would be to change the final drive ratio, this will lengthen all the gears.

Non-diesel or non-mapped cars may not be able to use this solution though, as first gear might be too long for them, making hill starts impossible.

Ideally, I'd like to take things down by about 400-500rpm, so that at 70mph, the revs would be about 1900-2000, meaning that the turbo would be just ready to kick in, but at a steady cruise, the economy would indeed be better.

I talked to Vince at Stealth Racing about this a year ago, but he seemed to think that it'd be too much. Wonder if he's had any more thoughts in the interim.

Cheers,

Mike

pamanal21 said:

As mike says vince looked in to the %th gear mods but that was for the diesel seeing that you have got the petrol the mod should be possible to do ring stealth and ask vince he will help you

cheers
robin

gearbox mod?

Hi, and thank's Robin for your reply, I will ring 'vince' And see what he can do for the gearbox mods, might even go for remap at same time!
As you know my motor is 1.4 petrol so would gain a few HP/ but smoother ride, has anyone had there petrol A2 remapped yet?or would I be the first??
Im going on the lake district weekend so will have a chat with you there,thanks to 'Mike' for his input also, Cheers Alan.

Back