Concert stereo button

MickAli

United-Kingdom
Hi.
New A2 FSI owner, but now the 3rd Audi in the household so big fan.
1st question I have is;
The on/off/volume knob on my concert cd system although works the knob is stuck in and only protrudes 1cm. Is that normal or should it be out the same as the right knob which stands out 2/3cm.
The concert I have in a Mk1 TT the knobs push in to allow for the discreet flap to close. Thoughts? If the knob should be standing further out, how would I get it out?
Cheers
Mick

Hi.
New A2 FSI owner, but now the 3rd Audi in the household so big fan.
1st question I have is;
The on/off/volume knob on my concert cd system although works the knob is stuck in and only protrudes 1cm. Is that normal or should it be out the same as the right knob which stands out 2/3cm.
The concert I have in a Mk1 TT the knobs push in to allow for the discreet flap to close. Thoughts? If the knob should be standing further out, how would I get it out?
Cheers
Mick
It should be protruding the same as the one on the right. You should be able to just pull it off, and depending if any damage has been done, reposition it - if so, just be careful not to push it in too far when turning the unit on/off.

as ian says, you can pull it out - carefully as not to destroy the button.
the button is made up of 2 parts; the small cap fits on to the metal pin from the stereo and the larger cap sits on the smaller one.

PXL_20230414_152706859.PORTRAIT.jpg

the small cap is limited in its travel so chances are the larger cap has been pushed on too far.
there's a spring located inside which should prevent this from happening

drew

Back