Considering options,

true-blue

I have my A2 up in the for sale section, but haven't listed it anywhere else yet and I'm considering my options should I not sell it in the next few months.

My neighbour runs his Shogun on a mix of diesel and cooking oil and says is has no ill effects and doesn't seem to lose any power as a result and he say's he's saving a fortune on his fuel bill.

Will the A2 run on this mix ? if so what impact is it likely to have on the power output and engine longevity ? also will it still be possible to have the A2 remapped if not running on pure diesel ?

I appreciate that the A2 is economical but I do a lot of business miles and I'm trying to justify keeping it (if it doesn't sell), using it myself for work, and buying a really nice family car for the wife and for my own weekend use.

I have run biodiesel successfully in the past, but you'll need to make sure it is of good quality and also, the fuel filter will need changing more regularly at first.

The occasion which ULP refers to was when I bought some biodiesel that was sub-standard - the seller has since been prosecuted by trading standards. When the dealer was dealing with the car (it was recovered back to them) they asked me if I always used Mazola!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the replies :)

I stumbled accross the alternative fuels thread and read through that.

So it would appear no one is braving a diesel / vegetable oil mix on a day to day basis then, or that it just wont work?

My neighbours Shogun is on a 54 plate and our A2 is a 53 plate so his car in newer than mine but I don't know how the engine technology compares.

Last edited:
On the subject of WVO/SVO - thousands of Germans use the stuff and you can legally nake your own tax free as of Mar 2007 up to 2500 litres a year.

BUT

convert your car with an ELSBETT system to prevent clogged fuel lines and injectors and always mix 50:50 in winter.

Also change you oil more frequently.

Biodiesel sold in garage forecourts in UK is just 5% blend and needs no mods.

Biodiesel sold in garage forecourts in UK is just 5% blend and needs no mods.

So tomorrow I could go into a garage and refuel my car with biodiesel? can you go back to normal diesel.

I'm not going to do it just questioning

Back