Corteco

JavaGreen

Scotland
Hi All,

Just about to tackle the top mount on drivers side that is becoming troublesome and would likely fail mot. Has anyone used the Corteco top mounts from euro parts or would Q drive from same people be a better option. Price is not the issue as they do not cost a lot. Thanks for any advice you may be willing to provide.
Cheers,
Paul

Corteco are a good brand and an OE supplier for some makes of cars. I would go with them personally if you don't want to shell out for TRW or Lemforder (the two ZF brands that are top notch quality but usually have price tags to match).

I used Febi on all my cars and never had any issues, I know the Meyle ones don't fit even tho they claim they do 🙄

I used Febi on all my cars and never had any issues, I know the Meyle ones don't fit even tho they claim they do 🙄
Really I always thought Meyle was OK, and they are the same as the Polo if I am not mistaken? What's actually wrong with the Meyle preventing them fitting??

Really I always thought Meyle was OK, and they are the same as the Polo if I am not mistaken? What's actually wrong with the Meyle preventing them fitting??

The holes don't line up, no matter which way round you turn them there's always one captive nut that's half a hole out from lining up. I've experienced this on two different cars hence the reason I used Febi instead and never had any issues on the 4 sets I've fitted so far

The holes don't line up, no matter which way round you turn them there's always one captive nut that's half a hole out from lining up. I've experienced this on two different cars hence the reason I used Febi instead and never had any issues on the 4 sets I've fitted so far
That's crazy!!

Glad Febi has worked for you, personally I am not a huge Febi fan and won't fit it to my cars unless it's easy to change and won't kill you if it fails.

Have the Febi done good miles?
I fitted kyb and have been fine so far touch wood!

That's crazy!!

Glad Febi has worked for you, personally I am not a huge Febi fan and won't fit it to my cars unless it's easy to change and won't kill you if it fails.

Have the Febi done good miles?
I fitted kyb and have been fine so far touch wood!
What is your experience of Febi? I’ve never heard of any Febi component being anything other than decent quality.

It's a few years ago my brother had a b5 passat. Needed to replace both top arms on drivers side I had one genuine and the other I bought from Andrew page. It was a few years later but car had not done not many miles and the ball joint ripped out of the arm with seemingly no warning, fortunately at low speed but 5 mins prior he had been on the motorway. The other arm, genuine part (lemforder) looked brand new! From that moment on I was always not happy fitting Febi unless it was easy to change and not safety critical. Also had ball joint dust covers last less than 10k and result in play in the ball joint.
Others love the stuff and report great longevity. Febi also own blue print and maybe more too

Corteco are a good brand and an OE supplier for some makes of cars. I would go with them personally if you don't want to shell out for TRW or Lemforder (the two ZF brands that are top notch quality but usually have price tags to match).
Thanks for all of the recommendations. Corteco it is as Euro Parts stock said item. Will let you know how I get on👍

Whenever you turn left or right you can hear a resistance noise it sometimes jumps or drags. Looked under wheel arch and you can see ball bearings showing.

Whenever you turn left or right you can hear a resistance noise it sometimes jumps or drags. Looked under wheel arch and you can see ball bearings showing.

Corteco is great and I always go for them on the seal/rubber department. I have used SKF for the a2 because there was a kit or something that worked out cheaper as a set.

Blue Storm 1 (keeper five seater) been on sworn for a year, it’s time it was used
Goes for mot next Tuesday - will fit pagid disks and brakes before then and see if mot finds anything else wrong. Using cat clean as well👍

Blue Storm 2 is a 1.6 fsi
This will go for mot after the above car - have decided to let garage do this task. This car is at 120k (18k in last 12 months) and it’s role is changing. Have realised that since it is ulez compliant, it shall be used whenever I need to go into GlasgoW as it can hold a fair bit with the seats out. It will be serviced.

At times some people question the reliability of these little gems😳 mine have proved to be great👍

Van 1
VW c20 goes in for new turbo next Thursday…… like this van….. but in last six months it has had three injectors, still it is in great condition body wise and will be serviced

Van 2
This Peugeot expert has had 3k spent on it in last six months and all because Arnold Clark did not do a service in accordance to manufacture specifications. Will not get/take a vehicle from them ever again and will not allow them to service or touch any of my vehicles ever again. Buyer beware when dealing with them.

Back