Cost Query on Servicing

Lenny007

Morning All,

Just thought i'd post here before calling up the Audi Dealers and querying my invoice - it would seem i'll get more sense from you than them!

Anyway, just had our 1.6 FSi serviced and a couple of faults repaired (coil pack(s) and manifold flap solenoid replaced) and whilst the work they've quoted is spot on on the invoice, the servicing doesn't "seem" to be.

The car is on the long life servicing and it was only an "interim service". According to the Audi website there is a fixed cost for interim services throughout the country of £99 which states

"Interim service includes oil change, oil filter change, health and safety check"

and

"Prices include VAT at 15% and parts and labour".

My service has just come to some £133.96 plus VAT - £75.08 for performing the service and the rest on materials (oil, screenwash, sump plug) and also the following;

V030 115 561 AB/OIL - £3.66.

So then, have i got a leg to stand on with respect to the website price being correct and could anyone tell me what the above item is? As i've had an oil change, i'm assuming its an oil filter but it seems cheap for one.

Finally, to make things worse, in the service book the engineer has ticked the box to say they haven't done an oil change / inspection.

If anyone could come back to me and clarify my queries, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

If you have specifically asked for the £99 inclusive service as advertised on the website, and any additional parts used were not authorised by you - then you have a 'very strong' leg to stand on! The tick in the box is just a laziness thing, take it back to them and it also strengthens the moral aspect of your case. A few years back Audi carried out an Inspection Service on my A3 1.8T when I had asked for an oil service. When I spoke to the service manager they refunded the difference. Result for me and the car! Go and be firm and assertive with them face to face. Check the small print first though to ensure you are on ground hewn from granite! Good luck.

Last edited:
That's the thing though isn't it? I didn't "specifically" ask for the "£99 inclusive service" but when i discussed it with the service advisor, i stated "that's the interim service isn't it?" and she replied "yes". There is nothing specific on the website to state that the price of £99 excludes the long life servicing so i think i'm on reasonably ground to ask for the refund.

The annoying thing is that they've provided excellent service so far and i don't want this to be ruined by them trying it on (and getting away with it).

Thanks for replying by the way - any idea on the part number i posted?

I dont have the ETKA software for an answer on your part number, but you'll get an answer of another member on that one. As to the dealer - go and ask them, I agree with you that they are being a little naughty when theres a very high profile campaign for low cost servicing on +3yrs cars. As an aside, my friend had his 54 plate A4 serviced at an Audi Authorised repairer for £80 using genuine parts and including full VCDS scan. They are competing with the local Audi dealer, so with that in mind, you are quite right to demand your refund methinks.

That part number is for the oil filter Lenny.

I agree with Murdi - you should at least go and query the cost, especially as they advertise a £99 rate for the service which you've had.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't mind as much but it's the £120 cost to hook the car up to run the diagnostic machine that sticks in my throat and is the reason i've got my back up about this.

Incidentally, when i was informed it was a coil pack issue, i remarked that i thought there was some form of "assistance" Audi were offering as they knew it was a problem. The advisor stated that it was only on the TT's that this was being done. Is this more porkies from them?

Oh, and what happened to the 30% discount on parts for cars over 3 years old? Did this get replaced with the "fixed servicing prices" scheme they are running now?

Once again, thanks for the replies.

Back