Courtesy Cars

Yossarian

My local dealer (Derby Audi) are always happy to provide a courtesy car - provided that you book the work two or three weeks in advance and agree to a £500 insurance excess!

Am I alone in finding this a less than impressive example of customer service? Or is this standard practice for Audi dealers?

Last time I had one from SKF Stockport I was told there is a £10 fee, they never took it, also no mention of a £500 excess, theirs was £250 which is less than mine was anyway, it seems to be a ploy to stop those working nearby to use their legs and walk / bus top work, me working 10 miles away tought differently, having said that you can get them easily these days rather than wait 3 weeks.
Mike

Lincoln Audi's deal was no fee but a £200 excess liability for a courtesy car last week. Not bad for an A4 2.0 tdi S-line Avant with ony 11 miles on the clock! Hereabouts the norm seems to be £200ish.

Last edited:
You can choose to cover the car on your own insurance if you think there insurance is not suitable. I do this as it does nt cost and the excess is much less.

Back