difference between 90 and 75bhp diesels?

cjscos

what the difference between them?

do they just have a different ecu or is there more to it?

looking to change mine as a cheap low milage 75 bhp one has been offered to me and its too good to refuse

was just think how i can get it up to 90 bhp

There are quite a few differences, it is far more than the ECU. However to get a 75 to 90 is easy, remap by Stealth or whoever! The 75 also has rear drum brakes instead of discs otherwise most of teh difference is with the engine. Oh, and a slightly lower top gear ratio. If I had a '90' it would have to be a phenominal deal to pursuade me to go to a 75, especially when a remapped 90 will get to about 120 horses...

well i think its a 75 as its on a 52 plate. mine has done 10500 now and the one that has been offered has had one family owner, serviced at audi all the time and its also been garaged. will it be a 75 bhp model do you think?

The biggest difference in the engine is a different turbo which uses variable vane geometry on the inlet side to allow more power more flexibility over the rev range. There are other differences too, such as a different (dual-mass) flywheel, rear disc brakes, and a slightly longer 5th gear ratio...

I specifically looked for a 75, for the more reliable turbo and single mass flywheel....I felt it was likely to be a better cost effective, long term ownership proposition.

I wouldn't mind a 90 instead of my 75, but the 90's turbo is a bit more complex and might give you a headache. And i already know what dual-mass flywheel failure is, as my old man's Touran just got a new one... and it's not a pretty sight for the pocket.:(
If you're really after a bit more power after you get a 75, you can always remap it to be even more feisty than the 90bhp one.

Back