Do different year TDi's remap differently?

As the title suggests, Do the results of a remap depend on which year your car is? Do the early models remap differently than later ones? I have an April 2003 75bhp. What sort of gains can I expect? I see some A2's making 100bhp and some making 113bhp. Why is that? I know the 90bhp come with vnt so make more power, but are there different turbos on the 75's?

I have been offered a remap for £210 all in with before and after plots..

From my experience I think it is down to each individual engine. When I had mine done by stealth racing Vince there remamps each car to get the best result for your car.

I guess that how they are worn in some can tolerate a higher gain. Not all engines are same. Mine is a 75 but was putting out 88.5 bhp.

Cheers

David

I have heard mention that it is dependant on the engine code and so, yes, different years/engines give different results. I think the early engines give less power (100BHP for eg) and more torque (200ftlb) and the later engines will give more power (115BHP for eg) and less torque (180ftlb). It may be vice versa. I am pretty sure there was a thread about it if I am not mistaken. The 90 is a different kettle of fish altogether and can go up to 130 BHP ish and well over 210ftlb.

Cheers guys.. How do I know if mine is euro 3 or euro 4? I'm from Northern Ireland, so can't go to Vince at Stealth. I suppose if I get a before and after plot I can see the relative gain regardless of rolling road differences.. hhmmmm decisions.. I wonder if my recent decat will help at all.

It also tells you Euro III or IV on the V5 certificate. Our Dec 2002 1.4tdi car is a Euro III.

Cheers

Whatever your remap comes out at you will very pleased with it and for the first month or so will be giving it loads of right foot till you calm down and start to use it properly ;).

You'll probably find that it may already be over the 75 std as mine was at 81bhp to start with and went up to 110 but smoked alot so Vince knocked it down to 106 and the torque was at 164 and went up to 177

They just feel a different car when you get back in to drive it

Phil

Back