Does Bose make a diference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craa2

[34]Hi all!!! Is there someone out there?
I'm about to buy my first a2 (after 10 years Mx5 driving...[2]) Does Bose make a diference? Is it worth the investment? Can it be installed by the dealer after delivery?

Thanks,
César

Hi,

I have a Bose with my Navi Plus, and it sounds very good to be a factory installed system. You can always get a better sound system, but not a one that is so nicely installed (check the links of user EF MAX - he has radically modified his A2 for sound). It will be a lot of work to retrofit a Bose sound system after you buy the A2, and I'm sure it will far more expensive to do it after the car is delivered.

If you have normal requirements for good sound quality, the Bose would be great.

Rune K.
Audi A2RS

I was advised that the Symphony II was the best option. Not only is it cheaper, but it includes a 6 CD multichanger in the head unit, freeing up space in the boot.

I have that exact system... Symphony 2 with BOSE and the sound is awsome... clear at any volume and 6 front loading disks are great. Though I don't use them anymore as I now have an iPod in the car... but to get iPod sound to the system one of the ways of doing it is via a cassette deck adaptor... so the Symphony is perfect for that as well since it has both CD and tape...

But it can't be installed afterwards since the amp is massive and lives in the rear boot floor:
jj4.jpg

jj15.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk23.htm

[21]I'll have to consider it then...thanks for all the info. César

Amp & Subwoofer in the boot.

I have the Symphony & Bose as well... nice.
Although the range is nice when not moving, the bass can be a little lost sometimes at speed. I like bass and I have it turned up full on the settings, but I want more... MORE I TELLS YA!

Havnt listened to them back to back but the young guy at the dealer said mine (with Bose) sounded heaps better than his (without). I had bought it by then so its not like he was trying to sell me anything)

Cheers
Rod

BOSE was just about the one option I didn't specify and I wish I had.

The standard speakers are OK, but for us its made worse as there is no graphic function on SatNav Plus (unlike Sympnony). All you get is Bass/Treble control.

Its an expensive option, but I have it in my A3 and its excellent.

Dave

1.6SE

I'm certain you could retrofit a considerably better system than the Bose for less money if you knew what you were doing...

How much is the Bose upgrade?

DaveS

The only extra graphic function you get on the Symphony unit is Mid. Other than that its just Bass & Treble >:|

Costs (Last Year anyway)
Bose System 450.00
Symphony Audio 464.99

Could you get a really good system for 914.99? Yes...
But mine A2 is leased and I cant just go adding stuff willy nilly plus the console looks standard at resale time and no need to spend time chaging things.

Cheers
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back