Driver’s window won’t close

Rolled up to the car park, window went down, got ticket, window didn’t go up. No sounds, just completely unresponsive. After fiddling around with the fuses (wrong glasses for that sort of thing), we drove home with the rain coming through the window, and I’ve just put a tarpaulin over the lot, because trying to do anything in the cold, dark & wet is just too depressing.
There’s now also a twangy rattle when I shut the door, which may be from me trying to get it to move.
I don't generally take the car to bits, so it will probably be a call to the RAC in the morning, but anyone got any helpful suggestions?

Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect. If it’s the door motor that’s playing up that should reset it.

As A2Steve mentioned it above, also happened to me as well and the window didn't move at all, but after a few hours it rolled up. It those don't work, part/s could've failed.

Lets hope the battery disconnect does the reset on the door controller. You mentioning the twangy rattle when you shut the door makes me thing there is more to it. Possibly the cables have become detached from the winder mechanism or a plastic part broken. Unlikely the motor has become disconnected from the mechanism. If so @A2Steve will probably have parts to solve the issue.

Bloody brilliant!

Gave it 15 minutes with no battery, tried the passenger window first, which didn't work. But I remember problems with windows after disconnecting the battery before, so tried again, and the passenger window went down & up. So tried the driver's window, and that went up as well!

There's still the odd thing where the double click doesn't automatically open/close the windows, but that seems to resolve itself eventually.

At least I can use it now 🙂 Happy days!

Bloody brilliant!

Gave it 15 minutes with no battery, tried the passenger window first, which didn't work. But I remember problems with windows after disconnecting the battery before, so tried again, and the passenger window went down & up. So tried the driver's window, and that went up as well!

There's still the odd thing where the double click doesn't automatically open/close the windows, but that seems to resolve itself eventually.

That's good then!
The double click or one-touch function sometimes needs a reset, like when the battery was removed. Turn ignition on, car doesn't need to be started, close the window all the way up, then hold down for 5 seconds & upwards the same, then press down, then it'd work again 👍

Last edited:
Bloody brilliant!

Re sinc the key to car & it should reset the global opening.

You need to do the auto learning procedure for both windows separately.
Hold the one click down until the window is fully open and hold for 2-3 more seconds (you can hear the window module relay click). After that hold one click up until the window is fully closed and for 2-3 seconds again until the relay click.
Auto open/close should work after that.

Indeed, I was going to say. Re-syncing was the first thing that I did, but it required the single/first click fully opening and closing each window, as described above, to get the double click auto functions working again.

I know the feeling of window sticking,was lashing down of rain too when pressed rear window down by mistake and would not go back up.Covered the best I could and asked on here for help. A few A2 owners, said get some silicone lube spray and with cotton buds run in the window track.It worked a treat, amazed how much dirt was in the tracks. Was advised to repeat a couple of times during the year.

Back