Driver door micro switch etc

donp38

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Hi all
In my efforts to get the fuel flap to work remotely (on the b-post button) it looks as though the vehicle does not know when the drivers door is open.
So lock is out and microswitch cleaned with contact cleaner. Micro switch also taken apart and physically working well.
Still nothing on dash board.
Before I trip out the mechanism is there anything else I should check?
Many thanks

Just because the microswitch operates when removed does not mean it is being operated in the car. The cam that depresses it in the rear of the lock is coated and this is known to break up and fall off. That could be the reason the switch is not operated also the switch should have a small rubber cap on the plunger again if this is damaged the switch may not operate.

Yes indeed.
I have by passed that situation.
I have actuated the switch but hand and nothing on dashboard

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Yes indeed.
I have by passed that situation.
I have actuated the switch but hand and nothing on dashboard
You probably have, but have you checked the micro switch with a multi, (ohm), meter, to confirm the internal contacts make and break?
Mac.

There is so much debris on the picture of the microswitch it is impossible to see the operating plunger if it is intact and as said need to verify the switch with a meter. Be aware even if shown working with a meter it may operate outside the throw of the door cam and not work.

Back