Drivers door electrical failure

James-Sun

Hi I am new to this site so Hi to everyone. I have been lurking for sometime and it's a great site which lead to my decision to purchase an A2.

I purchased a 2001 A2 TDi 1.4 a few months back from a member on here after selling my 1958 Beetle. However, all of the electrics in the drivers door stopped working all of a sudden yesterday. The result is that the remote locking does not work on the drivers door (but does on the others), the electric windows and mirror switches are not working, the alarm does not sound when you leave the lights on and open the door and the petrol flap button and interior sensor button have also stopped working. Is anyone able to advise as to whether this is a common problem and if it is something as simple as a connection behind the door panel or elsewhere? I have checked the fuses and they appear to be OK.

Any advice would be very much appreciated and I apologise if this problem has been addressed elsewhere already. I have been searching the site but have so far not found the answer.

Regards,

James.

Problem solved....I simply disconnected and reconnected the battery and everything works again!

I'm so happy:)

Back