Drivers Side Window Motor + Control Unit

Hello. The Drivers Side motor/control unit has intermittent fault whereby the window sticks DOWN. Garage investigates and motor springs back into life and works for a couple of months. Garage is certain fault/loose connection is inside unit. Part number on our car is 8Z2959802A - but all 2nd hand parts I can find is the same number WITHOUT THE "A". My question is: Does this matter? Will part without "A" still work? What does the "A" mean?

Hi mate

Mine does this also. You go to move the window up and it stops like half way then wont do anything. You then disconnect the battery for 10 mins, reconnect and it works again.
Its the auto cut off safety feature built into it. I believe that when it feels a certain resistance it cuts teh motor in case anyone is trapped in the window.
What I did was lube up all the metal movement wires inside the door, and then lube the runners for the window glass on either side.

Has not happened since

John

Thanks for your reply John. Garage had already tried this. I got a 2nd hand motor unit on ebay for £48 incl postage. Does anyone know if I should disconnect battery before I fit? and what other problems this may cause if I disconnect battery.

Ah, thanks John, this has been driving us nuts recently. Our drivers door window seems like this. I will have to remove the door card/metal liner and lube it up.

Second hand motor if this doesn't work.

Back