Drivers side window

vialli09

Hi.

I have problems with the drivers side windows. I can't roll down the window and when I press the button, the power disappears for a couple of seconds.
The passenger side window works without any problems.

Someone who can help?

Stuck glass, lifter cables come off or some other fault with them, door control module or motor itself faulty. All possible. Take the panel off the door if not already, try unplugging and replugging each electrical plug to wipe the contacts.Take off the motor and controller then the inner aluminium door trim and look at the cables that run round the lower frame to operate the window with a good torch. May even help to look at the passenger side to help spot anything wrong. Try swapping the motor door control units to see if that cures it. Could just be a faulty switch but doen't look like it. You never said if the window rises and falls or if it is stuck somewhere in between.

Sorry about the delayed reply.

The window is in closed position, but it dosen't seem like it's stuck. I've tried to swap the motors (marked blue in picture) and the drivers side motor works in the passager side.

Could it be this control module (marked red)?

s-l1600.jpg

Hi

It could be the module in the motor at fault,i do have a few in stock if you need one

Thanks
Pete

Then does sound like either a wiring issue or the door controller. Swap the motor and controller for another driver one. If unlucky there may still be a wiring issue. But the passenger motor should work if it was some type of motor issue in the drivers side. Yes the controller is within the red marking on your picture.

Yes you have marked the module in your picture with red outline,the driver side window module is the main control for all windows,mirrors.

Just remember this is a LEFT HAND DRIVE vehicle so the drivers door is front left. Do not think rhd drivers can fit as lhd drivers, very happy if I am wrong.

Ok......Not sure about that,i can if you like tomorrow take the drivers and passenger modules off a set i have and see if they will.Sorry i didn't realise your vehicle is left hand drive

Thanks
Pete

I am saying it is left hand drive only from the OP location of Denmark. Worth checking to make sure. He may have to find one locally. Not trying to interfere, wouldn't be the first time lhd is not considered when posting on UK site.

Ok......Not sure about that,i can if you like tomorrow take the drivers and passenger modules off a set i have and see if they will.Sorry i didn't realise your vehicle is left hand drive

Thanks
Pete
To save you the work I thought the part number includes 'handedness'.

My understanding is the digit after the 8Z denotes

8Z0... Part fits either LHD or RHD.
8Z1... Part fits only LHD
8Z2... Part fits only RHD

Andy

Last edited:
Then does sound like either a wiring issue or the door controller. Swap the motor and controller for another driver one. If unlucky there may still be a wiring issue. But the passenger motor should work if it was some type of motor issue in the drivers side. Yes the controller is within the red marking on your picture.

I have tried to swap the engines and the problem is the same. The driver side doesn’t work, but the passenger side does.
The passenger side works without any problems, no matter if I use the button in the drivers or passengers door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you have marked the module in your picture with red outline,the driver side window module is the main control for all windows,mirrors.

So if the module in the drivers side is faulty, non of the windows should work properly?

To save you the work I thought the part number includes 'handedness'.

My understanding is the digit after the 8Z denotes

8Z0... Part fits either LHD or RHD.
8Z1... Part fits only LHD
8Z2... Part fits only RHD

Andy

Ok, that fit with both my modules, as they starts with 8Z1

No the drivers is a master controller and the passengers a slave controller. The slave can still work without the master working. Not the best way to put it but hopefully you understand. You need a new drivers door controller.

The plus cable was broken. Now it’s replaced and the electric windows works again.

c4c35ad72bca52c0bfeabc739cc88b7d.jpg

Last edited:
Back