Driver's window Not working

badlyread

A2OC Donor
Hi All

The driver's window is slightly open (12mm) and refusing to move. I'm hopeful that it might just be a lose wire rather than the regulator (no noise, nothing at all). Any more ideas?

Also does anyone have a schematic of the driver's door and one for the back as well please (lock does not always do what it should so I'm going to 'grease' the joins).

Need to get this done ASAP as the rain come in badly this morning and is due to get worse.

Many thanks

Neil

Hi All

The driver's window is slightly open (12mm) and refusing to move. I'm hopeful that it might just be a lose wire rather than the regulator (no noise, nothing at all). Any more ideas?

Also does anyone have a schematic of the driver's door and one for the back as well please (lock does not always do what it should so I'm going to 'grease' the joins).

Need to get this done ASAP as the rain come in badly this morning and is due to get worse.

Many thanks

Neil

When you say door wont do what it should do, what do you mean:confused:, if the doors not locking then you may have loose connection, check the rubber boot at the "A" post/front of the door make sure that this is in properly

Cheers Phil

What the ????

Hi Phil sorry for the delay in responding.

Right. The rear door is sometimes not recognised by the DIS (2) and the door does not always unlock. Another thread highlighted that 'greasing' the connections with copper slip cured this problem so I was after schematics to know where to pull the door card off to investigate further.

The driver's window which was not working and slightly open (great in the current down pours) has started to work again! This all leads me to suspect the Central Convenience Control Unit. What does this actually control?

Add to this that I had a flat recently which is a due to a slow release of air due to a damaged rim (17" wheels Sport model) which is the result of the wonderful roads in Southampton at the moment (What do I pay my £35 for?:p). So I am going to have to bring forward the refurb of the front wheels.

DIS is now screaming service at me (will do this myself when I have 5 mins) and I have a free MOT at the Stealers on Wed. What could go wrong?

Regards

Neil

Right. The rear door is sometimes not recognised by the DIS (2) and the door does not always unlock. Another thread highlighted that 'greasing' the connections with copper slip cured this problem so I was after schematics to know where to pull the door card off to investigate further.

The driver's window which was not working and slightly open (great in the current down pours) has started to work again! This all leads me to suspect the Central Convenience Control Unit. What does this actually control?

Neil

Door car removal -
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10200

I've not had a Convenience unit that has caused this particular fault of partial opening of window. This unit does control functions like electric windows, remote fob operation etc.

Cheers

Sarge

Regards

Neil

Well this sounds just what's happening to mine (but mine does unlock), it sounds like the door catch micro switch

Phil

Thanks for the help guys. After messing around with bushes for the ARB I bit the bullet and got the new modified one fitted. No trouble since:).

Forgot to mention that the battery was flat after 5 days of non-use. The battery is less than 4 months old as I was having problems with the original battery. My 13 and 10 year old daughters pushed me (the joys of an alu car) and when I bump started it a yellow steering wheel warning sign appeared in the DIS!

Neil

Last edited:
Back