Drivers window rattle

Hi All,

Just purchased a nice 53 1.6 FSI and we love it, apart from an annoying rattle coming from the passenger window... Anyone experienced this with their car?

Please any help appreciated, :) TheJohnsons

TheJohnsons said:
Hi All,

Just purchased a nice 53 1.6 FSI and we love it, apart from an annoying rattle coming from the passenger window... Anyone experienced this with their car?

It could be glass trapped in the door from a previous break-in - the A2 is notorious in not being able to get all the pieces of glass out, unless you take the door off, turn upside-down and shake!

Cheers,

Mike

Will check the serial numbers

Not sure if its been broken it too, I guess I'll never know. It seems to go if we open the window slightly, which points at it being in the top of the door or possibly the trim?

I will investigate further. I've only just bought it from and Audi dealer so it might be something I can complain about within the first 30 days?

O:)

TheJohnsons said:
Not sure if its been broken it too, I guess I'll never know. It seems to go if we open the window slightly, which points at it being in the top of the door or possibly the trim?

I will investigate further. I've only just bought it from and Audi dealer so it might be something I can complain about within the first 30 days?

O:)
If it'd from an Audi dealer, get ye back down to them asap!

Cheers,

Mike

Far away

An audi dealer will look at it wont they. I bought it from Aberdeen Audi and thats 400 miles away so a local dealer should fix it for me, surely?

Yer go to your local audi garage. Might be worth ringing the garage you did buy it from to check your covered by the warranty. Assuming you did nt buy the car on trade terms you should be covered

TheJohnsons said:
Whats the silicone spray people talk about?
Silicone spray comes in useful for lubricating the rubber seals around the doors, windows but most importantly, the OpenSky system.

If you don't have OpenSky, there's no real need to get jiggy with the silicone, unless there is some sticking that you want to stop.

Cheers,

Mike

TheJohnsons said:
Was a normal purchase not trade, guess i thought the might be funny if i complain about a rattle?
Depends on how bad the rattle is and if it's pretty constant.

Window motors are notoriously expensive to replace, so you're only looking after your own interests that's all, no need to be shy about asking them, after all, they've made a tidy sum out of you recently!

Cheers,

Mike

TheJohnsons said:
Hi All,

I've had what I would call a clicking sound rather than a rattle, almost from new, and it's intermittent. The dealer has failed to fix it after several attempts but I find that if I lower the window it goes away. The noise only occurs with the window fully up - even lowering it a fraction (so it isn't even open) will avoid the problem so I don't bother about it now - it's a 'feature'!

Back