Driving lights for A2

A2O2

All
I need to buy and fit additional driving light for my A2. Do not want the HDI route. Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

A2O2

All
I need to buy and fit additional driving light for my A2. Do not want the HDI route. Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

A2O2

Is the extra lighting for road use? If so, make sure anything you use is 'e' marked. There should be a good reason for not wanting to use HIDs-they're very good you know!

Anything else you use will involve extra wiring and bracketry.

Cheers,

Mike

Additional Lights

Hi I'm not sure about the driving lights as yet but I am looking to supply these types very soon..

Great your in!:D I will try to post pics of other types as well today and anyone that wants them can let me know and I can place order together.... and I thought I was the only one with this interest here :)

Regards
SARGE

Are they stuck to the outside of the lamps?

I fitted mine inside the lights, there is a small gap between the lens and the 'silver reflector edging' just perfect enough to seat them in there takes only a few minutes and no glueing etc needed, extremely simple, HOWEVER they come with a double sided sticky tape backing and can be stuck where you like! :)

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alan, Yep your right these are low energy LED's fitting is dependant on exactly where and how you want to fit them. I have the older 'clip' type of headlights and honestly it took me 2 mins to fit them inside once I had the lens off, In my case I simply slightly loosened the crome reflection panel on the edge of the lights and slotted them straight in then retightened. then I wired them straight to my side light bulb.

Some people have simply used the pre-applied double sided tape (only on the types I have fitted at the moment as others may not come with the tape) and simply stuck them outside of thier car .. your car ....your choice ;)

I will start another thread just for this try to upload new pics which will show different types available sometime today or tomorrow.

What I CAN say is the no photo's I can take can so them justice as in the pics they don't show up as good. I haven't driven Shoby car much at night since fitting them, but have been told by other people that they look excellant, judge for yourself. :)

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sarge
Many thanks for the information. I for one will appreciate guidance. Do you or anyone else know when the sealed (non clipped) headlights were introduced?

Hi Sarge
Many thanks for the information. I for one will appreciate guidance. Do you or anyone else know when the sealed (non clipped) headlights were introduced?

HI Alan, I'm afraid I don't know when they changed to sealed units, but I bet Mike does :D

I will help and guide you install them where I can matey :)

SARGE

Yep, officially, 2001 model year onwards were sealed, but you frequently find 51 reg cars with unsealed lights.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike.
So the vast majority of UK A2s are sealed

Sum of Vehicles Live Sep 05
Year of first registration Total
2000 671
2001 5026
2002 4895
2003 3433
2004 2906
2005 1428
Total 18359

... Hella Comet 200s are about the biggest you can fit without them looking completely silly. Rallye 1000s seem huge.
I had mine attached to the bonnet as that was the "easy" place; they looked OK, but the attachment was a pig and it meant moving cables around every time I removed the lid.

Make sure you have the ref 37.5 versions, but then you MUST remove the normal high beams as otherwise you will get into trouble, if, of course, you want them to work as the originals. If you're prepared to use another switch, then that's also OK, but the max allowable ref is 75 from all light sources (and the number is per lamp, not per pair).

Bret

Back