Dying for a cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim

The old man lay dying in his bed. He knew that it was only a matter of hour's now. His time was at an end.
Then as his final time started to slip away, he smelt the aroma of his favourite home made choclate chip cookies.
This is it he thought, I'm on my way to heaven. No wait he though, I'm still here in my bed, perhaps it's my faithfull wife of 35 years making sure that I depart this Earth a happy man.
With a tremendous will, he dragged himself from his death bed to the door to the landing. On the stairs the smell was stronger.
Using as much strength as he could muster, he gradually lurched his way down the stairs using the bannister for support.
At the bottom he crawled on his hands and knees to the kitchen door, where, with the very last of his strength he opened it.
There, on the kitchen table was his dreams delight. A table full of home made chocolate chip cookies cooling on grease proof paper.
They where so close now he could almost taste them.
Streching out his withered and fragile arm, he reached for this last earth bound delight.
Then, suddenly, he was struck on the hand by a metal spatular, and his wife spoke......"Oi, get out of it, their for the funeral"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back