Earth point behind front head light

bdub

I Heard a rumour that there are earth points that are subject to corrosion on the A2. Is this true - & want to check a few 2 see wot mine r like. Is there one behind the headlight somewhere that can give rise to odd engine faults or have I misunderstood.

Cheers

There are lots of earthing points on the A2 which may or may not be good.

The two main interior ones are noted in another thread; they are at the base of the respective A-Pillars.
Simplest way to check the state of any earthing points "behind the headlights"; take the bonnet off and look at the state of the front subframe. If it's not rusty anywhere (and there are multiple, but rare, cases of it being corroded), then there ought not to be anything to worry about.

I'm sure Sarge has a better idea about the earth point locations in the engine bay than I do.

Bret

Oh, and: <rant> please: it should be your first language. If you can't be a***d to write it fully, then don't bother. This isn't an SMS where the length of text is limited... there is no excuse for not being able to use a spellchecker and writing words out fully.</rant>

Earth Points are in the attached TWO pictures matey! :)

I will put the pics in the 'How To' section as well for easier find in future.

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help Brett & Sarge - and sorry for the poor english, Brett, I was in Text mode - will try harder in future

Sarge,
had a look last night for the earth points, found then all except the one (9) on your drawing. nearside headlight. Does any one know exactly where it is under the wheel arch. I took the headlight out but couldn't see it?

cheers

Sarge,
had a look last night for the earth points, found then all except the one (9) on your drawing. nearside headlight. Does any one know exactly where it is under the wheel arch. I took the headlight out but couldn't see it?

cheers

Hi, I'm afraid I am not with the car over the next couple of days but will look for you when I can.

Meantime SIR Mike (Skipton), Ben, Spike and many others should be able to advise you. :)

SARGE

Sarge,

cheers

There is an earth point on the chassis leg below the headlight and to the right of the gearbox (as you look into the engine bay).

It is a bolt terminal and is a bit of a b****r to get to.

Cheers,

Mike

Back