Effects of a shunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GE

I've been an interested observer of the forum for 18 months but felt that I had little to add to the comments until now.So here goes-
A cautionary tale- but one which might help fellow A2 drivers and riders rest easy in their beds. We've just been victims of a concertina crash on an off-ramp on the M1. Whilst waiting at the lights doing no one any harm we received a rather forceful kick up the back side . The impact bumpers certainly did their job at the rear. The front impact bumpers must have bent a lot too- but my main concern was the struts which hold the front grille were damaged in such a way that they punctured the radiator and the turbo bits ( 'scuse the lack of technical knowledge.)
What was originally a bit of body repair became a major refit- I got excellent servoice from the approved repairer in outer Hull and from the insurance company- but it was nice to leave the courtesy Ka and get back into the A2. The struts do concern me though - so if VAG are reading this- may be worth a rethink?

GE

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Why is it all the A2's we hear of being crashed are caused by other people - usually idiots.
Glad you've got it back on the road now so you can revell in its quality feel once again.

Now a query. When you say the front grille, are you referring to the front flip down panel or the lower portion, in-between the fog lights (if fitted)?

A very poorly A2 at present! :(
robe.gif
1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm

audi.JPG

Glad to hear you are OK and that your A2 is still drivable. It really does appear that A2's are an extremely safe car to drive. Three accidents amongst members in three months! WOW!

Audi A2 TDI SE Azure Blue with Climate Control

Thanks for your best wishes- the grille of which I speak is the lower one between the places where extra lights go - the struts were pushed back-into the radiator and turbo thus doubling the cost of the shunt . Insurance- its strong stuff !GE

GE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back