Engine management and ECR light on.

Doodsea

Diagnostics say manifold pressure sensor G71 implausible signal P1158 intermittent. Can anybody please tell me where this is has I can't find any mention of it in the manual

Sorry I do understand which manual.

If you do a Google search 'a2oc manifold pressure sensor' you get a few threads, the 2008 one looks promising.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Sorry I do understand which manual.

If you do a Google search 'a2oc manifold pressure sensor' you get a few threads, the 2008 one looks promising.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Thanks Andy. I bought a workshop manual from easy manuals and it doesn't mention manifold pressure sensor. When I Google for it all images seem to show a different engine. Mine is a 2001 1.4 petrol do you know if this is a 1.4 AUA engine and fitted to any other model that may have a decent workshop manual. Thanks for your help

When sensors on the A2 register an intermittent fault, the blame often lies elsewhere in the electrical system. Renewing my ignition leads solved a whole host of such issues on my 2001 AUA A2. The silicone rubber on the original leads was starting to perish and they were quite difficult to remove as a consequence.

When sensors on the A2 register an intermittent fault, the blame often lies elsewhere in the electrical system. Renewing my ignition leads solved a whole host of such issues on my 2001 AUA A2. The silicone rubber on the original leads was starting to perish and they were quite difficult to remove as a consequence.
Thanks very much. I've looked all round the inlet manifold and can't find a pressure sensor, do you know if it is part of the egr valve. I disconnected the battery and since refitting the car runs rough and ECR light on

Thanks very much. I've looked all round the inlet manifold and can't find a pressure sensor, do you know if it is part of the egr valve.

The Manifold Pressure Sender is illustrated on P78 of the MM-MPI injection and ignition system (4-cylinder) section of your Easy Manual. Go to p96 for advice on testing.

Last edited:
My 1.4 petrol runs rough when the battery has been removed, and the EML and ECR lights come on. It seems to rectify itself after 15 or so engine start /stops, and the lights go out and the engine runs smooth again..

My 1.4 petrol runs rough when the battery has been removed, and the EML and ECR lights come on. It seems to rectify itself after 15 or so engine start /stops, and the lights go out and the engine runs smooth again..
Thank you I remember it doing this when the battery was flat, it only lasted about 10minutes then though

Thanks very much for your help I've found the information and the pressure sensor
I was conscious that I had given you the link for the easy manual, so I felt a sense of obligation.

The manual gets easier the more you use it. I keep a 'working' copy on my laptop with all the irrelevant sections deleted which makes it a bit more manageable.

Had exactly the same issues with mine today. Had cause to disconnect the battery and on reconnecting had EML / EPC lights on and various error messages including G71 sensor etc. Rough running and a couple of times the EPC light came on 5 seconds after start up and just cut the engine!! So I cleared the fault codes a few times and after about 10 re-starts the EML / EPC stayed off and no error codes.

Now we all know that A2 electrics can be a bit 'touchy' sometimes - but - does anybody know if there is a logical reason why this happens. I mean I have had cause to disconnect the batteries on lots of different cars over the past 40 years and I can't recall that causing a load of random error messages / warning lights on any of them?? Except the A2.

Back