Engine Management light P1180 code

A

andy2003

I have a 2003 1.4 petrol and recently had the engine management light come on, had the P code read and P1180 (Ho2s short to battery), can anyone help advise location and removal?

I have a 2003 1.4 petrol and recently had the engine management light come on, had the P code read and P1180 (Ho2s short to battery), can anyone help advise location and removal?

Hi Andy, welcome to the A2oc
I managed to decipher the fault code so its slightly more understandable -

Linear 02 Sensor / Pump Current Short to B+ (VAG fault code: 17588)

I know some cars have a heated oxygen sensor so the obvious thing would be the heating element has failed and is shorting out.
If I find out anything else, I'll add it to the thread.
Ps have a look at this thread - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11558&highlight=lambda+sensor

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
P1180 Linear O2 Sensor Fault Code - Audi A2 1.4 petrol

Just had this fault in our A2 (2003 1.4 Pet).

The EM light came on again. We'd had an Ignition Coil replaced a week or so as it was misfiring. Easy fault find and sorted by the garage. Then 2 days ago the light came on again.

It was drving fine but took it in today to be sure and the guy wired it up and found P1180 came up. He said it was strange as there didn't appear to be a Linear O2 Sensor in the car...! In fairness he didn't charge me anything and didn't try to blag it saying the ECU had gone or similar.

Back