Engine Management light

A2_SAT

My engine management light and EPC light came on today going down the motorway. Got it recovered to Glasgow Audi who are gonna have a look at it today. Could be because I nearly let the tank run dry before filling up. Would a change to Optimax or Ulitimate unleaded cause any problems?

my EPC light and engine management light came a few weeks ago but after turning the engine off and back on the EPC light went out. The engine management light took a little longer to go out approx 10 miles or so. Did you lose any power when the light came on????

I had this problem in the G/f A2. he EPC light would come on and off all the time. So I checked all the fault codes on VAG-COM and it said it needed a new Thrust Sensor. This car was a 1.4 Petrol. Hope this helps

JD

the car has been away since yesterday but haven't heard anything yet :( hope it isn't too serious. got it booked for a new gearbox on the 13th. was goin to have the suspension looked at today.

Mine came on, went to lea valley audi and they are replacing the manifold pressure sensor, car felt weakish when it was on they did a full throttle body clean out as well.
ive let the petrol run low a couple of times dont know if that was what caused it though

i let the petrol run low the day before then put about half a tank of ultimate in. would that be it?:confused:

My engine warning light has come on too, also seems to be 'missing' on one cylinder at idle. Need to get to service I guess £££ :(
This all started after a stall... odd.

Booked in on Wednesday at Docklands Audi... spoke to service and they said should have it back same day, hope so as I'm a bit broke and at £90ph I hope it doesn't take too long! Said it was probably the ingnition coil to one or more cylinders. Didn't question it at the time but does the engine have multiple coils rather than just one?

Not 100% sure but some engines nowadays have a separate coil for each spark plug, called a coil pack. I know Audi use them as a friends S3 had some which died.

So dropped off at Audi Docklands this morning and picked it up this evening.
Coil pack had failed, apparently this was not uncommon, especially on the TT.
An the cost? Nada, zilch, nowt! The exceptionally helpful service department (Tim) managed to get it changed under warranty and it was washed and cleaned inside and out!

One very happy bunny.

G
:)

Coil ingnition problems are nothing new, I had three fitted 2 weeks ago. That makes 7 in total for my 1,6FSI. The management light pops on, misfire and a trip to the dealer. I had 5 fitted since last November! The good news is that there is a new improved version now being fitted and Audi have extended the warranty for these parts from 3 years (standard) to five. What does worry me is the effect of all that unburnt fuel might have on the catalytic converter. Does anybody else have any experience with follow on problems after misfiring?

The car runs better than ever after these new parts. We have some steep hills in this part of Yorkshire and before I always felt that I should get out and push! But now there is power and torque!

Had my car back now for a couple of days. The car feels smoother now, maybe because i filled it with optimax. Been told that the camshaft sensor and servo may need replacing if it happens again. It going in on monday to have the gearbox replaced and i'll try and get them to lubricate the open sky roof too.

Back