Error code: 18044 - P1636 Databus drivetrain

GuruX

A2OC Donor
I got this error when scanning my car yesterday. Cleared a couple of times, but it came back. The full error text is:
Code:
18044 - P1636 Databus drivetrain
missing message from Airbag control module, 35-00
I just fitted a Cruise control stalk and loom. It's connected to the ECU, but not activated yet, since Carport Diagnostics doesn't seem to support it. (one step closer to buying full VCDS...) But I'm note sure if this has anything to do with it.
I couldn't find any information about this error on the forum. Has anyone encountered it before?
Where is the airbag control module located? I guess that the first thing to do is to check the wiring.
It doesn't seem as if it's a major error though, since the airbag warning light does not come on. Airbag lamp is ok, it lights up when I start the car, and then geos away, as it's supposed to do.

Cheers!

I got this error when scanning my car yesterday. Cleared a couple of times, but it came back. The full error text is:
Code:
18044 - P1636 Databus drivetrain
missing message from Airbag control module, 35-00
I just fitted a Cruise control stalk and loom. It's connected to the ECU, but not activated yet, since Carport Diagnostics doesn't seem to support it. (one step closer to buying full VCDS...) But I'm note sure if this has anything to do with it.
I couldn't find any information about this error on the forum. Has anyone encountered it before?
Where is the airbag control module located? I guess that the first thing to do is to check the wiring.
It doesn't seem as if it's a major error though, since the airbag warning light does not come on. Airbag lamp is ok, it lights up when I start the car, and then geos away, as it's supposed to do.

Cheers!

Are you 100% sure that you reconnected the air bag in the steering wheel correctly?

It would be more than a coincidence that you disconnected this air bag to do the stalk swap and now you have an airbag error code?

Steve B

Are you 100% sure that you reconnected the air bag in the steering wheel correctly?

It would be more than a coincidence that you disconnected this air bag to do the stalk swap and now you have an airbag error code?

Steve B

^^this. Double-check it...

- Bret

Yeah, that was my first thought aswell. I scanned the car after I had taken all the tools away from the garage (that's what you get when living in a rental). But then I read it again and saw Airbag control module and thought that it was unrelated. I'll pop out the airbag tomorrow and double check the connectors. Perhaps the content of the missing message is something like "driver airbag ok".

Back