ESP(TC) and ABS warning light

Zeezilver

If got a problem when i am driving slowly during traffic jams that the warning light of the ESP and ABS shows up and the DIS sound a loud beep.
When i shut of the engine en start again the warning light won't show again. Sometimes it wil not be back ik 2 weeks or so.

What could be the problem? Sensors of the ABS or a faulty computer:confused:

I have made an appointment by a Audi dealer in 2 weeks.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5689

Incidentally, I've twice had exactly the issue you describe with the two lights coming on, and then a loud beep and a '!' on the DIS. Each time, my local garage diagnosed it as a faulty brake light sensor. Its a pretty trivial job, and the part was replaced and fitted for about £80. No charge for the second one, which was a plus :)

Let us know how you get on at the stealer. :)

Today my A2 have been checked by the Stealer, they diagnost a (sorry for my bad translation i dont know the correct English name) a Brake Boost switch with a error code of F83 on the print out. If i want to repair it by replacing the part with a new one it will cost my around €750,-.:mad:

I have read some post by replacing the brake light senor, can my problem also be solved with replacing the sensor?

abs sensor fault

Take a look at this thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5689

Incidentally, I've twice had exactly the issue you describe with the two lights coming on, and then a loud beep and a '!' on the DIS. Each time, my local garage diagnosed it as a faulty brake light sensor. Its a pretty trivial job, and the part was replaced and fitted for about £80. No charge for the second one, which was a plus :)

Let us know how you get on at the stealer. :)

hi, i haev a audi a2 and same as you, my mechanic cleaned the brake sensors or something but it stil comes up, any ideas?

abs fault

If got a problem when i am driving slowly during traffic jams that the warning light of the ESP and ABS shows up and the DIS sound a loud beep.
When i shut of the engine en start again the warning light won't show again. Sometimes it wil not be back ik 2 weeks or so.

What could be the problem? Sensors of the ABS or a faulty computer:confused:

I have made an appointment by a Audi dealer in 2 weeks.

hi, how did it go for you with that fault did they replace the module? or was it the sensors?

Back