Excess Oil Loss

A2O2

My A2 is losing about 0.5 Litres for every 500 miles. The oil loss appears to be near the engine block. I think it is from the breather pipe attached to the PCV Valve.

Can the PCV valve be replaced?

Any contribution welcome

A2O2

If you were losing that much via an external leak the engine would literally be dripping in oil so its more likely the engine is burning most of it. The breather is built into the valve cover and not replaceable as a separate unit. You could however remove the pipe which runs from the cover to the intake pipe connection near the turbo and check for any blockage.
This is the response I provided last time you asked the same question - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13335&highlight=oil+consumption

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spoke

I did read you last response but still an issue with my car. Not sure what else I can do before taking it to a garage. I have taken out the pipe and checked for blockage but it is clear.

Thanks again

A2O2

Are you suffering from power loss? I only ask as we started to lose a reasonable amount of oil when the intercooler split. Engine bay was covered in the stuff especially between engine and inner wing on the drivers side.

Hope you get sorted
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan
Still at a loss. The intercooler is fine and no oil loss there.
Hoping to sort out, as this oil is not cheap.

Thanks

A2O2

Back