Extended warranty

Hi,

I have been using Audi/Modial's extended warranty on my A2 for the last 3 years and so far it has paid for itself every time without ever having to argue the case (I've had 2 compressors/re-gasses; an alternator/battery; suspension components; coil packs; egr valve and various other minor bits and bobs). This is probably more an indication of how reliable VAG group cars really are. There are cheaper warranties available which will cover most of what the Audi one will - albeit with an excess on particular parts - and expect the occassional haggling trying to convince them of what constituets a failed part. The Audi one is certainly the least-effort option.

By contrast I've had a dealer extended warranty on my wife's Honda for 2 years - but have never had to claim. This is a testement to the build quality of Hondas. I've switched this to the cheapest online warranty firm now.

Ben

I am considering an extended warranty for our A2, however I have been given the option to cancel the one that was supplied with the car and am thinking is it worth it on an 03 FSI with 80k on the clock?

I would consider myself a reasonably competant DIY mechanic, however I am at a quandry as to which way to go.

Any opinions would be valued for someone who is in my position with a 2nd hand car at high mileage.

We went the Warranty Direct route.
£22 a month and that also covers the OpenSky...not bad for peace of mind.

Never tested if they actually payout etc...guess that time will come if I ever need to I suppose :(

Back