Exterior Styling...thought the A2 deserved one

Primea2

Has anyone seen some pictures of people who have altered thier A2s spoiler? just wondering has anyone managed to fit or buy a custom spoiler to thier A2?Im new to the A2 world by the way! :)

The rear one?
Audi do one, I believe...

lion.jpg

mmmmm appara they do any upgraded spoiler im trying to find a link to the one I have seen. Im curious as to how you fit a new spoiler to an A2 seeing as the standard spoiler seems to be perminantly fixed to the glass back?

No - Audi do a different spoiler - I saw it in an A2 brochure in a dealer. They also have different 17" wheels...

Go to Audi UK/New Cars/A2/Audi Accesories. It's £195.

lion.jpg

quote:Originally posted by FiveLittleFish

No - Audi do a different spoiler - I saw it in an A2 brochure in a dealer. They also have different 17" wheels...

Go to Audi UK/New Cars/A2/Audi Accesories. It's £195.

lion.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of mine. Stated by the dealer as part of the Audi bodykit so I'm assuming it's the part you're referring to? Not to everyone's taste, but I like it. Hoping to take some more shots of the car in the next couple of days - only had it since Saturday...

As far as I can tell, this spoiler is bonded over the top of the existing one - anyone know more?

A2SportSpoiler.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

a2 1.4 sport . dolphin grey . audi body kit . debadged tail . rear bench seat

Ha I brought my Audi around the same time as you, actually saw your car when you were waiting for it. It got me thinking if your arches are bigger than the standard arches or you just caught the light right on them? I looked closely @ your spoiler from what can think/see the A2's spoiler is a perinant feature of the glass boot lid. Your spoiler an all other spoilers bond to the standard spoiler? V nice model though...

This forum really IS a small world. Only the other day, it transpired that Wooly lives just over the roundabout from me and now you've seen my car. If I caught the light right on the arches, trust me, it was a fluke. As far as I'm aware, they're standard. The arches are one of the design features that really attracted me to the A2 - bold and defined. Really gives it a solid stance. Had mine for what, 2 days? Love it and can't stop driving it. What model did you buy?

The parts book (CD available from Skipton) indicates the standard spoiler is integral with the rear window glass. If you just want something a little different,I think the super economy 1.2TDi has a larger version of the standard unit but you would have to buy the whole rear window to get it.

Spike

The front arches are more flared on the 1.6fsi sport models, and the rear spoiler is bigger (both for aerodynamics apparantly), not sure about the 1.4 sport models though...

DSC_2115-04-1.jpg

2003 52 Ebony Black A2
1.6 FSI Sport, DIS, Open Sky, 6 CD Symphony II, Auto Climate, rear electric windows, 8 speakers, front fogs.

Ha interesting Dubbs. I brought the same 1.4 dolphin gray with the front fog lamps, Climate control, an sound pack asfar as I can work out your sport pack has colour coded bottoms. Mine are black...think the colour adds to a lower ride effect. Im planning new wheels as I have the wheels down from you. Think they are 15/16 inch audi spoke?noticed you have the new style grille....not a fan, what do you think?

I looked @ the 1.6 FSI when shopping for my audi, im 18 and was shopping for a mini cooper....but saw a low spec A2 and envisioned tints and addition to the factory bose system. You think its possable to get 18inch wheels on the A2 1.4 TDI?....pushing my luck maybe...:p

TallPall - Not sure whether the 1.4 Sport has larger flared arches. I read somewhere recently that the S-Line version on the continent has larger arches, so not sure if this transfers over to Sport models on UK spec - anyone?

Primea2 - Good choice the Dolphin Grey. I like the silver but my Passat was silver and I like black, but don't like the way it shows the dirt and chips so Dolphin Grey seemed to strike a balance. Mine has the Audi front spoiler, side skirts, rear valance as well as the tailgate spoiler all colour coded. Not everyone's cuppa tea but I think the grey takes it well. What sort of wheels are you thinking of? The polished 17" competition TT alloys suit it well - http://www.a2-freun.de/gallery/displayimage.php?album=79&pos=39 - Alternatively, how about a set of RS6's ??

18" wheels....? Probably is possible, its something I want to look into once my warranty has run out, you'd have to make sure to get the correct offset/width and tyre size though (probably 35 or 30-section tyres!)

Have a look on the www.a2forum.com if you speak german, they seem to modify a bit more over there!

DSC_2115-04-1.jpg

2003 52 Ebony Black A2
1.6 FSI Sport, DIS, Open Sky, 6 CD Symphony II, Auto Climate, rear electric windows, 8 speakers, front fogs.

Hey Dubbsy ive gotta say thats one of the best looking A2's
ive seen nice choice mate i can here you smiling from here LOL !!!![25]

A2avatar.jpg

I agree Dubbs's A2 as one of the nice ones iv seen, Its certainly set a bench mark for me to contend with. Dont fancy the wheels on the pic....I prefer alloys that dont looks to dinner plateish. Im more interested in the "S3" version of the German A2?where can i see a pick? Has anyone got further plans for the exterior modification of thier A2?Cant decide between a subwoofer, wheels or tinting?I have about 2 weeks to decide. Iv only had my A2 about a week but the wheels are really starting to bug me!Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Thanks guys. Must admit, I can't stop driving it at the moment! Just been out and taken a load of photos in the glorious sun. Will sort them out and post some of the better ones on my Photobucket later on. Just some S-Line badges and an MP3 changer to add (decided against iPod link due to short journeys).

Agreed. Polished Competition TT alloys seem to reflect the solid chunky lines of the A2. Bit more work to keep them clean over winter though.

Back