false floor iin boot

pc759

A2OC Donor
hi
ive a tdi se with false floor very useful...
but one of the locating lugs (drivers side) has broken and as i was on my way down to audi wakefield for some avus silver for wheel retouches i thought id order this broken lugs replace ment.
However i was told i d need new floor complete as these bits arent listed parts circa £400 cant be true can it? when you look at the lugs themselves they are attached with torx screws and appear to have part numbers on them ?

Any help would be appreciated
Paul

Can't be true because I looked into buying the parts to put the false floor into my A2 and they quoted me for all the parts individually.

Sounds like a familiar case of a dealer talking bollocks.

Mike

Take a look at the attached screen grab - it shows the bits you need and the part numbers.

Cheers,

Mike

Flooded boot !

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2003 1.4 tdi se, the boot was filled with water(battery terminal level!) and my radio went. I had a garage look at it and they replaced the booster, excellent service :)(Audi dealer in Swindon wanted to replace my head unit ,£450,but they could not gaurantee that this will fix the fault!!).:eek:

The local garage could not find the source of the leak, tried the hose pipe test etc.

It was fine for about 4 weeks (until the recent weather)the fault has re appeared ( water in boot not radio).
Does anyone know of any common faults of water leaks in the boot area ?
Also my alarm/central locking has started clicking when the key is put in the ignition.:confused:

Thanks,

A2 False Floor upgrade.

Take a look at the attached screen grab - it shows the bits you need and the part numbers.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, I was very interested in this thread which discussed fitting a new false floor into an A2 which came without a Rear false floor. I am in a similar predicament insofar as I would like to fit a new false floor into my A2.

I enquired about the side angled strips (after you kindly posted the parts number 8Z0 858 859B) at my Cardiff Audi dealer.They quoted £23.90 for each side strip. My question to you is - Are these angled strips easy to fit with some torx screws or not, and where can I get my hands on a folding false floor panel in grey.

Mackinder
Cardiff

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2003 1.4 tdi se, the boot was filled with water(battery terminal level!) and my radio went. I had a garage look at it and they replaced the booster, excellent service :)(Audi dealer in Swindon wanted to replace my head unit ,£450,but they could not gaurantee that this will fix the fault!!).:eek:

The local garage could not find the source of the leak, tried the hose pipe test etc.

It was fine for about 4 weeks (until the recent weather)the fault has re appeared ( water in boot not radio).
Does anyone know of any common faults of water leaks in the boot area ?
Also my alarm/central locking has started clicking when the key is put in the ignition.:confused:

Thanks,

The boot water ingress problem is well known - use the search function to learn all about it. Here's one to get you going: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7178&highlight=water+boot

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, I was very interested in this thread which discussed fitting a new false floor into an A2 which came without a Rear false floor. I am in a similar predicament insofar as I would like to fit a new false floor into my A2.

I enquired about the side angled strips (after you kindly posted the parts number 8Z0 858 859B) at my Cardiff Audi dealer.They quoted £23.90 for each side strip. My question to you is - Are these angled strips easy to fit with some torx screws or not, and where can I get my hands on a folding false floor panel in grey.

Mackinder
Cardiff

Mack, they clip into holes already there, you'll need a couple of brackets too and a sharp knife to make slits in the carpet at the appropriate places.

The false floor is available from a dealer (part number 8Z0 858 875A, price £128.20) and the usual outlets, such as Ebay, breakers etc.

Cheers,

mike

Back