Fat wheels

Already been done

I believe this has already been done by a german guy. He had 19" A8 style, bit to much trouble for my liking trying to fit that size. Dont fancy the kerbing either! My 17" have already aquired mystery scuffs on both rears! I wish him goodluck!

My car;)

Hi there!

It`s actually better to drive on 215/35/19 than my old 225/35/17!!!!
BUT, I had to install the original suspension - ORE drive without passengers in the back:) *LOL*

This is the A8 rims in alu - not crome!

Thanx for looki`n at my car;)

wheels

I've found a website that offers the A8 style in 17". I think they look good on the A2, so if nothing comes of my "wanted" post, I'll buy a set of those with the 205/40 tyre size. That means I'll have three good tyres and wheels to be shot of. The OSR is an odd tyre and not in the best of condition, along with the rim. I'll advertise the good ones and see what happens... :)

Getting 18's today

Collecting 18" ACE ZEUS Wheels with 215/35/18 today. So should be able to post some pics tommorow. After looking at the posts does this make me the first UK A2OC member to have 18's??

Hi
When fitting big wheels, make sure the front ABS sensor wires do not rub on the tyres. Ther must be minimal clearance between the wheel and sensor wire as Audi specify a different cable part no. when using the factory fit 17" rims. Check out the posts by Fiona who has twice reported failures of the abs wires (I think she runs the standard 17" sport set-up)

Cheers Spike

I like it, mega cool.

What tyre make do have on "Vidum" Falken FK 452 ???

wfg, Hans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyres

Hi there!

Its actually Hankook:) LOL
Do FALK produce 215/35/19!?? Thats a much nice`r tyre!!!

:)

I just bought 18" wheels for my car with 215/35R18" Goodyear Eagle F1.

Here's a few pics:

img_8505.jpg

img_8506.jpg

img_8507.jpg

img_8511.jpg

Last edited:
18" wheels

Yo Kitora,

Wheels look good. Would you say there is enough room for the car to be lowered by 30mm with those wheels? And what offset are they?

Cheers

I want to see how the ride is with the wheels before I lower the car, but yes there's without a doubt room for lowering it 20-30 mm.

I'm looking forward to the summertime when I can finally install the wheels on the car.

They are ET35, and there's about 10 mm to spare when I turn the steering wheel to both sides, so I don't expect any scraping.

Hey Kitora those wheels look stunning
keep the pics coming in chaps
great to see all you guys getting into modding A2's

I will post a bunch of pics. once the weather gets a bit better. So far my mods are:

18" Mille Miglia wheels
Leather/alcantara seats
RNS-E navi
Bluetooth phone interface
Cruise control
JBL speakers in all 4 doors

Future mods:

3 spoke steering wheel
Open sky roof
JBL 8" sub
Electric windows in the rear doors
Lowering the car 20-30 mm (depending on the ride with the 18" wheels)

Those wheels do look stunning, but I'm not sure about the longevity of them with those black rubber bands for tyres!

Cheers,

Mike

PS, You'll have to get a taxi to the kerb from now on.

Tin Opener anyone?

kitora said:
Future mods: Open sky roof

Hi kitora.

Now how do you do that mod? With a tin-opener ;-)
Wheels really look smart.

P.S. Once lived in Denmark (in Allerød) and enjoyed it despite the winds ;-)

I already have the open sky roof waiting for the install, but basically you are more or less right; with a tin opener.

The existing roof will have to be cut out to make room for the open sky, but is is more or less "plug and play" (advanced version...)

Back