fault code 16588? what is it?

P0204
Cyl.4, Injector Circuit Fault in electrical circuit

Coil or spark plug ??

Checks are order of the day matey :)

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
huurrm. its was running funny and not starting very well recently. it also came up with a lambda sensor fault. do the coil pack go on the a2's like they do in the vw's?

Well I believe it is very common on the 1.6FSi, don't think I have read of any on the 1.4 though ;)

Cheers

SARGE

the coil pack issue seems common on 1.6FSI A2 as well as some other petrol VAG engines. Like Sarge, our 1.4 petrol doesn't seem to suffer as badly. Probably a cracked coil pack.

coil packs are instead of spark plugs. Audi share engines with other VW group cars, VW, Seat and Skoda so in the beginning all VAG makes were affected.

It may be that some unburnt fuel has affected the lamda sensor, I'd go and get a diagnosis done asap. It could be worth checking but if your A2 is under 5 years old you might be covered by the extended warranty for coil packs. Know this is the case for 1,6fsi's but not sure about 1,4's. In any case the cost has tumbled in recent years and the newer versions are reliable.

coil packs are instead of spark plugs. Audi share engines with other VW group cars, VW, Seat and Skoda so in the beginning all VAG makes were affected.

It may be that some unburnt fuel has affected the lamda sensor, I'd go and get a diagnosis done asap. It could be worth checking but if your A2 is under 5 years old you might be covered by the extended warranty for coil packs. Know this is the case for 1,6fsi's but not sure about 1,4's. In any case the cost has tumbled in recent years and the newer versions are reliable.

but the car has spark plugs?

Hi CJSCOS,

I think coil packs are instead of a (single) coil? In the old days you used to have a distributor, a coil and spark plugs. Nowadays it's all different. Each spark plug has its own coil.

John

Back