Faulty CCU... Help!

A2-

Hello,

From the problems im getting it would seem as though ive got a faulty CCU. Ive been searching forums and have noticed it is quite common amongst other members. Common symptoms which i'm suffering from are: Central locking not working, problems opening/ closing windows to begin with, interior lights flickering whilst driving, alarm constantly going off when leave the car outside for a while, relay sound from passenger footwell... if i leave the alarm to go off the battery dies out. this mostly happens when cold and frosty but once i start driving for about 20 mins everything stops.

What i would like to know is more about having it replaced. I understand that Lau in germany can do repairs, but im hoping to just replace it with a new one. I know this may set me back £220 - £300. I'm just wondering if it would not be easier to just buy the part fit it myself and have one of the VAG - COM members re-code it for me?

I currently have one of the earlier units 8ZO 959 433 E which i know has now been replaced with the one ending Q. If possible, do you think i could i get one of the later modules ending AF, then buy the new style fobs and have them recoded alltogether? or will i have to buy the one ending with Q and also have it recoded?

Thanks,

Ian

I would go for the repair LAU offers. I had mine repaired and it is still working and no reprogramming required all for less than 80 Euros and takes a week with a working unit for you in the mean time

Just a thought
A2O2

Hi Ian
I've read nothing to indicate its possible to replace a CCU with a later revision version so I'd check with LAU before buying the unit off e.bay.
Also consider that a new unit may fail again since I'm not convinced Audi sorted out the design fault which LAU fixes on his exchange units

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13675

Cheers Spike

If i do replace the one i have with the new part ending Q. Would i need to re-code the unit and keys?

If i do replace the one i have with the new part ending Q. Would i need to re-code the unit and keys?

A replacement CCU will need coding but it does not affect the keys. The need for key coding only applies if the instrument cluster (clocks) or engine ECU are replaced.

For info, LAU's reconditioned units don't need coding as you get your original unit back and the CCU's memory is not affected by the modifications.

Cheers Spike

Any vag-com members (preferabaly in london) that would be willing to reprogramme a new unit for me? :)

Back